Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Scratch that guys. Here's a research.xml that you can use with X:CE 0.25 if you had the latest Lore+. It loads the savegame posted above.

Max - if it's useful, also feel free to take this, though you'll probably also want to make use of the new mission-specific triggers anyway.

Hmm... I loaded this. Now my save game works, but I am getting instant research completion.

I checked, and I don't get the instant research in a new game, just a saved game.

Edited by winterwolves

Figured itd be best said in this thread, but in the X:CE download thread can you make a list of the added features? As in the memorial wall, soldier scroll buttons, etc.

Feel having them all listed out would help convince people to switch

Edited by Foehammer343

The pack is working wonderful. :)

Small suggestions:

- Memorial wall has a watermark, this is a nice addition but is very difficult to perceive in some monitors. Its possible that Skitso make it a little darker? or colored?

- I see the name as "Casuality List" is possible change the name to something like "Hall of Fame"?

BUG HELP

I'm not quite certain the cause yet , but when I start a fresh new game my squadrons and such return to base as intended. However after I exit ground combat for the first time (first GC mission), my squadrons and dropship will goto my base and just "hover" over it on the world map without actually going IN the damn base. I tried ordering them to return to base manually but they just hover there. I also noticed after GC that if an intercepter is chasing a UFO, both of them will stop dead where they were and dont continue to move too.

I think I may have tweaked something wrong when I merged my XNT 5.22 gameconfig.xml with the CE0.25 XML. I was careful to only change values by hand to match the XNT values, but something made the air combat AI to go dead.

Any ideas? I only modified gameconfig.xml, and am using the XE 0.25 aircrafts and "AM_" files.... CONFIG FILE

Figured itd be best said in this thread, but in the X:CE download thread can you make a list of the added features? As in the memorial wall, soldier scroll buttons, etc.

I would like to second this, a few pages back it said there is no reason *not* to use the CE but I can't see the reason *to* use it, since I can't figure out what it really does, and I am quite happy with the mod pack I am using and don't want conflicts to rise up. I mean no disrespect to the mod, I just don't know what it really does.

Edited by Lerzan
I can't forum

I would like to second this, a few pages back it said there is no reason *not* to use the CE but I can't see the reason *to* use it, since I can't figure out what it really does, and I am quite happy with the mod pack I am using and don't want conflicts to rise up. I mean no disrespect to the mod, I just don't know what it really does.

There's a changelog on the main dowload thread (also stickied in this subforum) and changelogs have been posted on this thread too (e.g. see page 43).

I'm experiencing the same issues as Slayerjerman except I do not have XNT installed. Upon starting fresh games, I'm also not seeing the option to build all base buildings - starting a new game can rectify this, but sometimes takes a few restarts to see all buildings. Currently I'm running 1.08 with Fire in the Hole, and the Community Edition 0.25.

Edited by Zealin

Odd. I also get the buildings issue but only once. Either save and reload, or just resrsrting the game, fixes it for me.

I suspect it has to do with an internal savefile the game creates, but if so, nobody should habe it more than once. Anyway, quite a few bugs to hammer out here.

Hmm... I loaded this. Now my save game works, but I am getting instant research completion.

I checked, and I don't get the instant research in a new game, just a saved game.

Can I get that saved game? I tried with Quiller's Lore+ save, and it doesn't have this issue, future research continues as it should.

On the other hand, just fixed an issue with the ground combat save posted before, had a problem there preventing late-game saves made in 0.25 from loading correctly.

Edited by Solver

I will release a hotfix briefly but starting a new game with the current download should be fine - the more serious savegame problem posted above only appears after researching heavy lasers or the base upgrade. Hopefully by the time you get that far, there will be a hotfix ;)

Did you see the changelog in the download thread? Do you feel it is somehow insufficient? I am happy to provide better information, but I think the current changelog provides a pretty good overview.

I'm experiencing the same issues as Slayerjerman except I do not have XNT installed. Upon starting fresh games, I'm also not seeing the option to build all base buildings - starting a new game can rectify this, but sometimes takes a few restarts to see all buildings. Currently I'm running 1.08 with Fire in the Hole, and the Community Edition 0.25.

I modded buildings.xml to add some new ones and was able to see all new buildings with FitH...etc. The only issue found thus far was that aircraft bug, which is pretty game breaking, hehehe.

After launching an interceptor, mid flight towards the alien craft, the interceptor stops movement on the geoscape completely. You can choose a new target for the interceptor (or the same target as before) and flight will resume for a few moments before stopping again. Also, the dropship upon being told to return to base, will hover over it without actually being able to land. This is what I experienced anyway. I only noticed it for my own aircraft during the time I was tinkering.

Seeing as how I've come across various obstacles with regards to making other mods work with the mod loader, I've been having a look at my air combat mod again and just encountered the new target-switching feature. Not done a lot with it but it looks pretty solid so far. I approve.