Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

No, no, uhm, basically, if there's some kind of a flag or something that says "this is a terror mission" and "this is a base attack mission", is there any way that this flag can be set so that researches.xml can use it to say "aha! A terror mission flag - I will initiate a research project!". Perhaps the easiest way to describe it is "can we have a terror mission datacore and a base attack datacore?".

Max, sorry, I did not understand that last request. You want base attacks to be disabled until a certain tech or what?

Mikhail, you just basically mean customisation of the time until crashed UFOs disappear like they always did, right? Sorry, I am a bit slow today.

Nope, he is looking for an asset unique to this type of missions so that he can make it unlock a relevant research explaining the particular type of mission in the Lore+ mod. It appears there is nothing that can be used for this purpose currently which means he either has to exclude it from the mod altogether or trigger it early, throwing a potential spoiler at the players.

EDIT: Oops, you guys beat me to it, sorry :(

Please, make ufo doors un-closable to prevent ufo door cheesing.

+1 this. Easiest way to do it, I think, would be to link it to the auto-close function. So if a door auto-closes, then you can't close it manually, while if it doesn't auto-close, then you can.

+1 this. Easiest way to do it, I think, would be to link it to the auto-close function. So if a door auto-closes, then you can't close it manually, while if it doesn't auto-close, then you can.

Just destroy door. Solved. Next? xD

Um, when we can touch now version, compatible with 1.07?

Please, make ufo doors un-closable to prevent ufo door cheesing.

+1

- Completely needed... doors readjustment that Skitso

- Medal system mod

- Moddble random encounter "Local forces bla bla bla"

- Flee pathing moddable

- Show Stun and Armor status

Poor solver :/

This is too much work

Thank you for all your effort Solver.

Edited by TacticalDragon

I''d like Secondary Area of Effect for explosions. E.g. you could have primary radius at 1.5 doing 100 incendiary then a secondary radius at 5 doing 40 kinetic. Maybe have a boolean to determine if primary targets also receive secondary effect or not. It could be used either way for different purposes.

In fact, why limit the number of secondary AOE's, just make it open-ended so we could have say 5 different AOE effects if necessary all with different radiuses :P

If you are running 1.06 and install 0.22, you'll get some strange thing and it may even crash. The CE 0.22 only contains those changes from 1.07 that are in the executable, but 1.07 also did things like bug fixing in the final mission, and fixes for passive command aliens from GJ that are in other XML files.

Well it's ok to keep 0.21 CE as long as you don't want to update to 1.07 no ones force you to do it.Anyway Solver I have one small request.Categories in researches.xml are hard coded,so I can't create new categories like I can in Xenopedia.

Another one maybe not small is being able to assign custom sounds to each alien rank ("Guards,Soldiers .. Non-Combats) of same alien race (Ceasean,Sebillian,Harridan ..).Right now all ranks of certian alien race share same sounds (for death and injured) and I can't assign or change how would individuals sound (and this is of extremely importance to me).I hope I made this clear and that you understood.

Edited by Sentelin