Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Hi llunak! I've posted about a bug related to sorting renamed soldiers by name in the bug forums since v.1.03 but it still persists in the v.1.07HF that I'm playing right now. Could this be fixed in the Community Edition?

Basically, renamed soldiers keep getting sorted by their old name in the Barracks screen instead of the new name you give them. To me this defeats the purpose of renaming soldiers and is a constant source of irritation.

So if the game gives me the following starting soldiers

1. Angel

2. Brutus

3. Charlie

4. Dick

5. Edgar

and I rename Angel to Zorro and Dick to Xerxes and then sort by name, they will get sorted alphabetically but by their old names (which the game somehow remembers):

1. Zorro

2. Brutus

3. Charlie

4. Xerxes

5. Edgar

Is fixing this feasible?

Perhaps related, sorting soldiers by multiple columns frequently results in the list of soldiers being truncated. Oddly, you can scroll to the top of the list.. and continue scrolling upwards, until there are about ~10-15 rows of white space above the last (top) entry. This white space appears to be at the expense of the truncated soldiers.

Anyone else getting this?

Perhaps related, sorting soldiers by multiple columns frequently results in the list of soldiers being truncated. Oddly, you can scroll to the top of the list.. and continue scrolling upwards, until there are about ~10-15 rows of white space above the last (top) entry. This white space appears to be at the expense of the truncated soldiers.

Anyone else getting this?

I don't know if it's related but I've experienced this too. I find the other problem way more annoying though because it prevents me from organizing my troops correctly. The other columns are good for finding best candidates for specific roles, but the name column is the only one you have full control over which is why it would be so useful. I know that you can assign roles to soldiers and sort by those but as soon as you start manufacturing gear, giving roles to all your soldiers gets super messy because of finite gear that can only be equipped by one or two. A related fix could be to script role outfitting by having soldiers equip a lesser tier weapon if the one asked for by the role loadout is unavailable.

Bug Report: The variable for changing the distance at which the short range bonus kicks in doesn't work properly.

The *displayed* hit chance works fine. However, the actual hit chance is very off.

I first noticed this having modded the game so that the short range bonus kicks in at 12 tiles (rather than 5) but only provides +5 to hit per tile. Even with point-blank shots (with his chances 80+) I was getting a lot of misses (including a lot of consecutive misses on burst/pellet fire).

To check that it wasn't just rampant bad luck, I changed the to-hit threshold from 95% to 100%. When I did some testing, I was getting a lot of misses on supposedly 100% shots (testing using point-blank shots).

When I reversed the short range hit chance changes I'd made, everything went back to how it should be and the misses stopped happening.

To try and work out what the issue was, I tried playing around with the values and the conclusion I've come to is that the distance-for-short-range-bonus variable isn't actually changing the distance for the purposes of hit calculations.

I tried, for example, keeping the short range bonus at 5% but increasing the distance to 25 tiles/ At point blank, that should give +125% chance to hit before anything else. In my test, all three pellets from my shotgun missed. In contrast, when I increased the to-hit bonus for short range, this did seem to work as intended but as if the short range distance was still five tiles. E.g. increasing the bonus from +5 to +10 made a noticeable difference in hits, while increasing the hit chance so that - if it was only counting out to five tiles like normal - the soldier would have had 100% chance to hit, I got consistent hits every time.

I want to leave a request for XCE. Since I have to use it for FitH and XCE gives the speed control in Air Combat, could we get a button to slow down a bit? Hitting that pause during fighter combat just to avoid missiles perfectly is annoying sometimes.

Could we move the debriefing kill count to same row with stat gains? The current placement is a bit tight with longer names and the kills can be in certain circumstances displayed under a possible promotion text.

Edited by Skitso

Yep, those flags have not yet been implemented, in part because more flags are needed.

Also the current ones are placeholders and Skitso would be very helpful if he peovided new versions :)

I'll try to put something together this week. Should the CE include some flags already? Why haven't I seen them?

Edited by Skitso

Small (?) feature request if anyone would be generous enough to look at it: externalisation of the power core explosion variables (most particularly, the smoke and fire chance, and the size of the area effected). It's a rather frustrating barrier for ECS/FitH not being able to control those.