Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Haven't written a modding guide for the dynamic UFOs but I think you understand them.

Try and keep the mod modular! No need to make your own gameconfig.xml, you may just want one with the elements that you actually want to change.

That's the plan. I just wanted to make sure I've got a backup copy of stuff before I do anything just in case.

Incidentally, do you or llunak know whether it's likely that the new mod system will get rolled out as standard? While I don't think there's any reason *not* to use X:CE, no doubt some people won't for whatever reason and yet try to/want to use mods anyway (and I'm not especially interested in creating two mods every time I do something).

Yeah, there really isn't any reason not to use X:CE - we've been careful keeping the gameplay unaffected.

It is quite likely that the modular loading system will become standard in the future - after all, Goldhawk is interested in easy-to-use mods, and the modular system is far superior to the current one.

EDIT: BTW, if you're using Skype, it's much faster discussing certain things.

Edited by Solver

Also... Almost every facility indicates that it extends radar range in the base management UI. I'm not certain if they actually do or not.

EDIT: I just tested it by building two hangars, and they don't actually extend radar range, even though they say they do. It's notable that the labs, workshops, medbay, etc... Don't list their real properties. It's been replaced by the radar range extension.

Edited by libertyn

I hope to further improve on researches in the future, I really liked that idea with researches that cost money or items.

In XNT I set a system of Dissembling UFOs that has part similar to that idea. The player unlock the protocol with the first "UFO Type", then the player need to recover other UFO of the same kind to Hangar to Dissembling. The first time you manage to Dissemble a UFO you unlock a branch of technologies.

I am also getting CTD on loading a save from 1.07HF CE:0.24, Lore+, Skitzo's map pack

A load from 1.06 vanilla still works.

Also: started a new game, and the only buildings available to build were store room, living quarters and command centre.

Edited by winterwolves

Okay, there with the save. It fails to load because of Lore+. But this is not a new problem, saves always fail to load when a research mod is incompatible. You'll have to wait for Max to make a version compatible with this I'm afraid, because reseaches.xml got changed in 0.25.

Alternatively, take the researches.xml from Lore+ and use it to replace the X:CE one. The save should load, though there will be other smaller issues.

Sorry, think 0.25 save / loads broken. Would load pre-patch games from 0.24 but any saves made in 0.25 (GC or geoscape) will not load again once saved.

New game saves seem ok in 0.25 they load, its the saves upgraded from 0.24 that once saved, dont load again. Maybe my end, I have a couple of mods, nothing significant though or that I thought would conflict with XCE.

Edited by Jace11

Sorry, think 0.25 save / loads broken. Would load pre-patch games from 0.24 but any saves made in 0.25 (GC or geoscape) will not load again once saved.

Post the save also! I have done plenty of saves and loads, so it cannot be completely broken.