Xenonauts Released & the Immediate Future (of Xenonauts)

I have to say the fact that Chris / Goldhawk are opening the source the modders is the best decision regarding video games i have heard for at least several months. That is a HUGE boon.

Thanks Chris.

Now, new game, BETTER engine ! :P

good job. All the best. I plan to preorder your next game :)

I have to say the fact that Chris / Goldhawk are opening the source the modders is the best decision regarding video games i have heard for at least several months. That is a HUGE boon.

Thanks Chris.

Now, new game, BETTER engine ! :P

good job. All the best. I plan to preorder your next game :)

Not all modders, all is through solver.

He provide more options for the game.

So pleased to see the game finally released. Well done to all involved for their perseverance through changing opportunities and difficulties. It's great to see the superb communication down the years extend into the code too.

I've had a huge amount of enjoyment in the forums and with the various builds. The success the game is getting is so well deserved.

Having been incredibly busy for a long time I'm ashamed to admit I forgot I had Xenonauts on Desura. Of course as soon as I heard it released I had to go update it. My only regret is I can't play it on Steam. I can't believe I forgot I had a premium pre-order and everything. I was so caught up.

Congratulations to the team, the game is fantastic.

This is great, I personally would be willing to help with Linux porting efforts. I doubt it would play well on android tablets, however, but it might be interesting to give that a go too.

The issue with a true Linux port (rather than a WINE wrapper like it uses now) is that GH don't have the source code for the game engine itself; so if the engine does not work on Linux then there's not a lot of hope of getting a native port.

Apparently it runs OK under WINE though; have't tried it myself.

Congratulations, and I'm really happy to see it's doing well commercially. If for no other reason than bugfixes in the future. :)

Really like the idea of vetted fans being able to contribute features to the game (as mods and then some rolled in as official patches sounds pretty great). Looking forward to where things go!

This was a really interesting step.

I vaguely remember Chris suggesting that it might happen at some point a long time ago but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon after release.

Sounds like a very good move to me.

Well done on the successful launch, hope this paves the way to the next game being even bigger and better.

So now where is the thread to start throwing ideas at solver... ;)

Edited by Gauddlike

Gratz, Chris. I'll tell the truth, I spotted project year ago, and was quite sceptic at that time. now, when I can't dive out from awesome depths of Xenonauts and even more - sweet community here, I can't tell more than - Chris, you did very great job. It's victory!

As well, I personally would like to look into codes, but, meh,don't have time for that now and as well, I believe into community power. And what endorse me even more, that you believe into community too. It's something really generous, which is just very awesome. Can't wait till your next project.

and one another thing, Chris - I seriously value that code sharing. It's something pretty rare, as nowadays people value their work so much, that they'll monetize as much as possible. But you... damn... it's like you put into game part of your soul... I really love games with sol in them... it makes them much alive in their own way. )

Are there plans to expand upon the modifiability of the game?

EDIT: I see the community edition mod seems to be expanding on the ways you can mod the game. Sorry for not checking that sooner.

Edited by Mask