Drone type enemy burst fire accuracy

I just wanted to check and see how the game calculates drone burst fire, since after a month or so of in game time of fighting them, I have yet to see one of their bursts fully miss, regardless of the cover their target is behind, even 75% blockages. Yes, it doesn't hurt a ton when it hits you, but they seemingly are incapable of missing a full burst, and being suppressed by that laaaast shot doing 3 damage or even less is slightly unrealistic. I dont see battle-hardened veterans being scared by gunfire hitting no where near them (or in the above case, nicking their clothes at most).

That's how suppression works. Don't know the exact formula but a lot of shots flying near your people makes them suppressed, it simulates being pinned down by a high volume of fire, taking damage has nothing to do with it afaik. Same goes for the aliens. Suppression is the drones' specialty and it's why they fire off so many shots. Just like with human machine guns, statistically it's very unlikely that every single shot will miss.

Light drones have 50 accuracy, and their burst fire has a modifier of 40%, giving each round a 20% hit chance before cover is applied. With a ten round burst, that puts the odds of them missing every shot in a burst at around 10%. Adding in a 45% piece of cover to the mix still leaves about a 30% chance of every round missing.

Suppression doesn't care if a round does damage or not, the suppression value is applied regardless of hit/miss results. Drones have a larger suppression range, which makes them good at suppression by design. They fill a similar role as our LMGs.