Xenonauts V1.06 Released!

Base attacks have been really rare to begin with... with this change, will I see one ever again? The number and frequency of base attack missions should probably be upped. Also, I wish terror mission and base builder ufos would be a bit more active to see these missions more frequently too.

They only have 50% accuracy, which means it takes 4 turrets to get to a 1/16 chance of a UFO making it through the turrets, assuming your weapons are current. But this does certainly make turrets more reasonable to use.

Something that's bothering me... I wish that UFOs on terror / base assault missions were more aggresive. These patch notes made me realize I haven't seen a single heavy drone yet (and I'm about to research Operation Endgame so I'm nearing the end), probably because they're terror units and I generally shoot down all of the UFOs before they have a chance to do anything. It just seems like they spend too long bumbling around doing nothing in particular, and never get a chance to actually terrorize anything.

Is this something I can mod?

I think Chris said the heavy drones weren't even unlocking, so you wouldn't have seen them until the last patch and they don't show up on every mission. You're most likely to see them in terror missions.