A couple of questions

I dont know if i dont understand something or something is wrong:

1- After each mission on the summary screen there is a big number of alien bodies and beside them it invarianly says destroyed, even if i hadnt used any kind of explosives the whole mission. Is this normal , maybe i need some kind of tech ?

2-I just had a weird occurence, a solider got one shotted (btw one of the first wearing proudly wolf armor, thinking they are tough guys now, and bam headshot :) ) , so i tought thats it, it looked like he folded.But upon summary screen after the mission it said 1 Xenonauts casualty , but on soldiers part it said he got just gravely wounded and purple heart and got just 21 days to recover, same in base, seems nobody died.

1. Destroyed simply means the corpse has been disposed of because it's not needed for anything. It's not related to use of explosives and you're not losing out on anything because of it.

2. There's a small chance that a soldier will manage to barely survive depending on how far below zero his HP is at the time of "death".

1: All captured aliens that are not "asked for" by the scientists, i.e. for research, will be destroyed after the mission. You only need one of the requested aliens one time only. And you can only get them when this is anounced by the scientists and as a small reminder on the Geoscape.

2: Soldiers can be shot down but still have a chance to survive when ground combat is over. I guess this is when they receive damage not more than 20HP below zero.

Edit: The Captain was quicker....Merde.

All bodies are destroyed except the first of each kind. You can't sell them like in Xoom.

The soldiers have a chance of not being killed in a sliding scale depending on how many hp past 0 they go. So they might be bleeding out but you patch them up. But they will end up need 3/4 weeks to recover