Suggestion: Purchasing of prebuilt bases

I noticed in another thread it was mentioned that in the beginning of the game there may be friendly geoscape forces

to act as a speed bump for scout UFOs early game.

I got to thinking and figured if you put an existing base down per funding nation and then allowed the player to buy them at a preset point in the game, it could be an interesting wrinkle.

It would need to be well though out and balanced, but it could be a good way for a player who has downed a few scout UFOs and sold the materials from them an avenue to increase their power a premade base at a time and not be hindered by the huge building times by using the few millions they have built up from salvaging. There would definitely need to be a 1 per time period cap so you couldn't swallow the entire map.

It also seems like a good way to be able to cover twice as much space without having to wait a month. I usually start with my base being able to cover all of russia, and then buying a premade base in n. america would greatly expand my ability to defend funding nations.

As long as the cost was equivalent to the benefit, I think this could be pretty neat

Any thoughts?

Edited by kefeinzel

So buying an existing base for a higher cost than you could build it yourself but getting it almost immediately rather than waiting for construction times?

Sounds like it could work, especially early on.

Although, once you start building advanced facilities, would you want to buy a basic base and then start replacing buildings with your better versions?