Some questions

PEJOCAAL

1. How can I secure an UFO?

2. Is it possible to research and manufacture PLASMA RIFLE? (What is needed?)

3. Is it possible to manufacture anything so far?

I am just thinking that are not available features right now, I am right?

1&3 see amiga4evers answer.

2. No, you cannot manufacture plasma rifles. You can research the alien plasma rifles, but you cannot adapt them to human use for manufacture.

There is currently a bug that interrupts the research tree by makeing some research unavailable if you save (and load) dureing research. If you want to see the whole research tree avoid saveing while research is in progress.

Yeah, basically what Amiga said:

1) You secure a UFO by killing all the aliens in both parts of it, and keeping the soldiers there for 5 turns. That gives you a mission victory.

2) You can't build plasma rifles, but if you research the plasma weapons and the rest of the tech tree you can build and manufacture laser weapons for your troops in V9.

3) Laser weapons and Wolf body armour are at the end of the V9 tech tree.

Thanks to everybody, your responses have been fully useful.

Chris said

1) You secure an UFO by killing all the aliens in both parts of it, and keeping the soldiers there for 5 turns. That gives you a mission victory.

q: doing it, give me the UFO SECURE puntuation at the end of the battleground? I feel that I have done that, but in the mission debriefing always I have had "0" in SECURED UFO puntuation.

I hope to be explaining my self with my seudo-english

I understand the mision score system, I refer to first line in the debriefing score list

MISION SCORE:

1. UFO SECURED.................................0 (THIS ONE, ALWAYS IS 0?)

2. Aliens killed...................................

3. Aliens captures................................

etc

I have to borrow this thread as i dont want to make a new..

1) Why my soldiers have armour at the very beginning? Thats not good, they should be researched and manufactured like in the original XCOM.

2) Why i have unlimited amounts of guns, ammo and other supplies? Thats no fun.

3) Obviously my guns bug out, i have same gun as primary and secondary gun. Bug, or something i done wrong?

Thx

I have to borrow this thread as i dont want to make a new..

1) Why my soldiers have armour at the very beginning? Thats not good, they should be researched and manufactured like in the original XCOM.

3) Obviously my guns bug out, i have same gun as primary and secondary gun. Bug, or something i done wrong?

Thx

1 and 2 - this is still early development of the game, changes will be done and it is just for testing (I guess).

3. When you use a two-hand weapon (rifle, shotgun and so on) both hand will have the same weapon - noting wrong nor a bug.

--O--

Edited by oracle1990

1 and 2 - this is still early development of the game, changes will be done and it is just for testing (I guess).

3. When you use a two-hand weapon (rifle, shotgun and so on) both hand will have the same weapon - noting wrong nor a bug.

--O--

Oh, ok. Didnt even think tha possibility that a rifle would need both hands, as it does in real life.. :D

So far liking the game VERY much!!

As you can probably tell by the paper doll, the so-called Basic Armour is in principle a glorified uniform. The Jackal variety is there to give the soldiers who risk taking on the aliens up close and personal a bit more leeway, but it won't withstand more than a couple of hits from the most basic extraterrestrial weaponry, either.

You'll be able to research and manufacture several more armour types later on in the campaign, though.

This only applies to starting equipment. The team figured having to stock up on such necessities after each and every Ground Combat mission didn't make for engaging gameplay. I happen to concur.

Don't worry: it's just how the inventory screen presents the fact that the equipped weapon is two-handed.

You are entitled to your opinion... but really sending your soldiers out in combat without armor doesn't make much sense. Didnt make sense in X-com to just let em have a jumpsuit either.

But don't worry from a gameplay perspective they are not that much different from naked... or unarmored at least.

You are entitled to your opinion... but really sending your soldiers out in combat without armor doesn't make much sense. Didnt make sense in X-com to just let em have a jumpsuit either.

But don't worry from a gameplay perspective they are not that much different from naked... or unarmored at least.

Armor have some weight, and if you are going to carry heavy armor, a heavy gun and ammo - you would not be able to move around. Sometimes it would be easiest to run around "naked" (or just in a plain uniform).

A sniper doesn't need that mutch armor either, he will stay a bit away from the combat and doesn't need that mutch protection.

--O--