Xenonauts V1.05 Released!

I think they're more likely to attack your bases if you're really hammering them. I think it's an aggro thing.

Nop, the system dosent work that way. Each UFO has a detection range and im vanilla game each range of time is a possibility to generate an base attack event, if Im wrong is 10% per each 20 mins in game universe. If the alien ship has the "possibility" to attack base enable, your base is in his dectection range and meet the 10% success in a roll, that ship will go directly to you base to attack.

The problem is that the % in vanilla is low and many players shotdown the nearest UFO in range of a base, reducing the possibility in some games to cero.

In other hand I hear that there is a bug with this feature that the only base that trigger this event is the "older" base (Many times is the first one). So... you only need to build defenses in the main base not in secondary.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Basically some UFOs just spawn with a base attack mission (maximum of two per month I think). If they are not shot down, they will definitely attack one of your facilities. Or that's how it should work....is it not doing that for you?

I've had an instance previously while doing some testing of not having a base defense mission at all as far through as February. I literally did nothing during the test, so there's no chance I shot down the relevant UFOs. I figured it was just luck, though; I've done the same test some other times too and had a few base attacks up to the same point.

Thanks for the response, Chris. I tried it again. It took about full two months (in pretty much lategame) of UFOs freely rampaging around the geoscape to attack one of my bases. Well, it seems that if you are at least partially successful when shooting down UFOs, you will never be assaulted.

And one other thing, I finally upgraded one of my shield guys with Sentinel suit and it's missing animations in flight. Flying with shield in one hand, that is.

Plus it's annoying that you can't send soldiers in Sentinel suit and Buzzard armour further than their TUs allow, like other soldiers. Normally soldiers will stop at the last green square available when you send them moving, but flying soldiers will refuse to move unless you send them to a square in TU available distance.

EDIT: Oh and please, PLEASE add some visible button to leave soldier equipment screen just before base assault. Something like "START MISSION". I spent five minutes frantically clicking over everywhere in that damned screen and pressing pretty much every key on my keyboard (and mashing ESC repeatedly) not being able to leave it! I had to go to the forums to find out that you just have to press the geoscape button.

Edited by Shima

Human interceptors no longer incorrectly receive a speed boost on Insane relative to Veteran

Current steam version 1.0.5. In gameconfig.xml

<humanAirplaneSpeedEasy value="1.2" />

<humanAirplaneSpeedNormal value="1.1" />

<humanAirplaneSpeedVeteran value="1.0" />

<humanAirplaneSpeedSuperhuman value="1.0" />

in aircrafts.xml

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.f17</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">12000</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1500</Data></Cell>

In game on difficulty level insane f17 has speed 1650! How this?