30 different weapons - Quantity vs. Quality

The interface of those games was actively adjusted to take into account that some weapons would be totally useless and remove them as options unless specifically requested by the user. I'm kinda guessing here, but Xenonauts doesn't have a similar automatic UI adjustment so you'd be looking at the entire array. Unless you sold the rest off I guess, if you can do that in Xenonauts.

Cheers Montie, I am not familiar with GalCiv.

I don't see why you couldn't add a hide button.

The weapons have their own tabs at the moment anyway.

If you want to look at ballistic you click that tab, if you want to see laser you click that one etc.

Cheers Montie, I am not familiar with GalCiv.

I don't see why you couldn't add a hide button.

The weapons have their own tabs at the moment anyway.

If you want to look at ballistic you click that tab, if you want to see laser you click that one etc.

Ah, that's something I was unaware of since I haven't had a chance to tinker with the early build. The tabs would effectively do the same thing so long as there aren't upgrades added into older tech, which appears not to be the case. hrrm

I like the idea of modded weapons helping lessen the pain of particularly sharp tech gaps. It would be a nice thing to mod in (if even possible).

As for the weapon tiers in general, I am looking forward to seeing how the 'machine-gun' class weight varies. I'll probably still feel a twinge of guilt every time I hand one to the squad strongman (I can't imagine how annoying it must be to have anything heavier than an LMG strapped to your back, Montie / Gazz will have to write some Xenonauts in-universe fiction about this at some point).

I do not think my conscience would survive having to hand a signals pack to someone, seeing as this is set in 1979. :P