BUILT V9 Review

PEJOCAAL

In first place, Congratulations, the atmosphere and graphics cannot be better, but a I am worried because, if you take the correct direction, I could be the game that we are all expecting and the best game ever built, but since I played V9 there are several things that will finish this game without getting out:

1. The ground battle ground does not offer any challenge. The original X-COM was succesfull because once you landed, you could loss all your crew in several minutes, and you could feel fear with a game with poor graphics. In V9, a battle ground could be predictable the most of the time, the sebillans just waiting their death, also I step in front of one several turns just to prove that they are just part of the background, they do nothing, just stand till were killed, coming back to XCOM, those alien were very frighten, once you saw one, you wanted run back, because they were very devastating.

2. The rate of UFO sighting is so hight(It could be part of the free will, in this case I step back), so you have to fight so frecuently battlegrounds, wich as I wrote in part 1, this combination will burn the game, because you can be bored so easily.

I am very excited about XENONAUTS, and I trusht that will be over its problems once you advance, as a recommendation, is preferable just few sightings but very more challenging, unpredictable battle grounds.

Remenber, X-COM could be considered the best game ever created, and not for the graphics, also now I am tempted to play it, so, do not miss the real essence of XCOM, the playability, the challenge, the free will, the desire to kill those aliens, the curiosity, to have a different experience each time you begin from the start, to do not know what is going to happen at all, the fear.

Dear friends, you have a hudge community supporting you, you have the chance to improve XCOM, please do not miss the opportunity, not disappoint us.

Regards

PEJOCAAL: Xenonauts is still in ALPHA. its not going to get released at V10 its going to go through a BETA stage first. The reason the ground battles are no challange is because the AI hasnt been put into the game yet. The current AI is just placeholder that will be replaced once the AI coder has done the proper AI.

I have no idea what you mean by

(It could be part of the free will, in this case I step back)
It seems to be an issue with the meaning of the phrase being lost in translation.

OMG how can U review alpha build? :confused:Like Gorlom wrote - ther's no AI at the moment, no balanced weapons. We should thank Chriss that we are able to play early alpha build. Almost 95% games are available only in final version. Personally I'm really happy that I can see progress between builds.

Hmm. Quick suggestion, if I may.

I'm not sure what I feel about the "guaranteed safe dropzone" feature, to be honest. Okay, I don't want to start the mission surrounded by Cyberdisks or Chryssalids more than the next guy, but

How about a dropzone that's safe for the first few turns, but then has to be kept secure, as aliens may decide to move towards it to attack your troops as they move out, and you'll lose people if you don't keep your guard up. Think that would be a good compromise.