[v1.03] Equipment not reloading after mission.

I bet all other shields and plasma pistols in the mission have started with the same value. It also happens with ballistics. I had it in the first mission multiple times. I've seen it happen with shields, pistols, sniper rifles, rifles, laser pistols, laser rifles, plasma pistols.

Basically what happens is that equipment of one soldier in the mission gets copied over all other similar equipment carried by all other soldiers after the mission with the bug (the one before the above image was taken). For example you get the same depleted ammo on all other pistols on all your soldiers just after the mission.

It is possible to repro by loading into the mission before this happens without quitting the game. My experiments with it convinced me that restarting the game engine resolves it and makes it completely impossible to repro by any means of loading. So providing savegames won't help.

It's not a crash bug, but I believe it is a memory leak situation where soldier equipment slots reference equipment held by another soldier, so a potentially serious problem. I still hold my feeling that relates this to the equipment screen CTD, but then again, with no tangible proof or repro steps. This one is even more difficult to reproduce.

@Caaygun - Could be a lot of things. Your explanation is one of the possibilities. Could also be a bad loop/improperly set pointer that's copying inventory objects to all soldiers, maybe when all the ammo/equipment is supposed to get refreshed for the next mission?? Or maybe some objects aren't getting deleted that should be.

I'm pretty sure it happens when the buggy mission ends, as it is reproducible by loading a save into that mission and after that before starting any other mission. It can be observed in the equipment screen too even without attempting another mission. The problem is getting it to happen for the first time.

Maybe fixing equipment regeneration between missions will fix the issue as you pointed out.

I bet all other shields and plasma pistols in the mission have started with the same value. It also happens with ballistics. I had it in the first mission multiple times. I've seen it happen with shields, pistols, sniper rifles, rifles, laser pistols, laser rifles, plasma pistols.

Basically what happens is that equipment of one soldier in the mission gets copied over all other similar equipment carried by all other soldiers after the mission with the bug (the one before the above image was taken). For example you get the same depleted ammo on all other pistols on all your soldiers just after the mission.

You're correct, I noticed later that both shield/pistol soldiers had the same ammo/shieldHP.

• 3 weeks later...