Josh Eales is a fuc____ Steam trading card now! LOL! Brilliant!

xD Yea, I saw that xD I always thought I was just EXTREMELY lucky at getting him, because he was my murder shotgun guy in my first game, and lived up to his history every game after.

And then I learn he was a bug xD. Sad times. Except now I kind of need that foil. I don't even use the cards, I just want it xD.

This is so unbelievably hilarious; I thought this bug was only happening for myself and my other friends who pledged to the Kickstarter - one of which being Josh Eales himself! Crying myself to tears here, this is absolutely hilarious - I've sent him a message with the link to his card, so it'll be interesting to see how he reacts! (Oh what I surprise I had, when I opened up the Steam trading card page for Xenonauts!)

Edited by Major Isoor

This is so unbelievably hilarious; I thought this bug was only happening for myself and my other friends who pledged to the Kickstarter - one of which being Josh Eales himself!

ROTFL, I knew it.

Oh, and: Dear Josh, please accept my apologies for having reported the bug, but I kinda had to. I hope the fact that it has eventually resulted in the trading card is a sufficient compensation :).

Yeah in x-com we had rookies, in Star Trek we had redshirts, in Xenonauts we have Josh Eales.

Hmm this doorway seems well guarded, send in an Eales to breach.

Command have started recruiting again, we will have a new batch of Eales by the weekend...

If the Josh Eales foil card had him stood in front of an Evil Alien Shed then it would have been perfect.

Actually ... I started new games relatively often for various reasons by the time I started noticing the pattern, and it eventually became a mild annoyance to always have the same soldier there. What kind of a commander wouldn't recruit a soldier with such good stats? But I thought the problem would sort itself out, so often when there was something dangerous to do, this Josh guy incidentally happened to be around and was volunteered, and ... the bloody bugger just wouldn't die. Might have occassionally needed some bandaging and a little rest in the medbay, but I don't remember if I've ever lost a Josh Eales, and if I did it certainly was an exception rather than a rule.

Hmm, that could even make a Hollywood movie. Aliens invade. Earth calls out for its best and appoints a skilled general to lead them. But the general has a dark secret, for he dislikes one of the soldiers for silly reasons, and assigns him to the most dangerous tasks. However, the soldier proves to be very resourceful and always makes it back. The general puts up with it, the missions are a success after all. Together, they drive the aliens away and save the Earth.

Of course, a typical Hollywood cliche here would be that they eventually come to a mutual understanding at the end, but the soldier heroically dies by sacrificing himself during the last mission. Sorry, no sequel :).

Yeah in x-com we had rookies, in Star Trek we had redshirts, in Xenonauts we have Josh Eales.

Hmm this doorway seems well guarded, send in an Eales to breach.

Command have started recruiting again, we will have a new batch of Eales by the weekend...

Yeah, I started noticing the bug when I had Josh be part of the team from the start with myself and another friend of ours (due to forcing it via the ingame options, that is), then saw him in the recruitable list as well, making it possible for me to have two Josh Eales' at once.

Kind of reminded me of the prequel Star Wars movies; beginning to create an army of clones to throw at the enemy! :P

Actually ... I started new games relatively often for various reasons by the time I started noticing the pattern, and it eventually became a mild annoyance to always have the same soldier there. What kind of a commander wouldn't recruit a soldier with such good stats? But I thought the problem would sort itself out, so often when there was something dangerous to do, this Josh guy incidentally happened to be around and was volunteered, and ... the bloody bugger just wouldn't die. Might have occassionally needed some bandaging and a little rest in the medbay, but I don't remember if I've ever lost a Josh Eales, and if I did it certainly was an exception rather than a rule.

Hmm, that could even make a Hollywood movie. Aliens invade. Earth calls out for its best and appoints a skilled general to lead them. But the general has a dark secret, for he dislikes one of the soldiers for silly reasons, and assigns him to the most dangerous tasks. However, the soldier proves to be very resourceful and always makes it back. The general puts up with it, the missions are a success after all. Together, they drive the aliens away and save the Earth.

Of course, a typical Hollywood cliche here would be that they eventually come to a mutual understanding at the end, but the soldier heroically dies by sacrificing himself during the last mission. Sorry, no sequel :).

Or they realise they have a deep and abiding love and fly off into the sunset in a top tier dropship?