Xenonauts V1.02 Hotfix Released!

This is an update to yesterday's V1.02 patch on the Experimental branch, which turned out to have a fairly major stability issue in it.

CHANGELOG:

• We've fixed the Hidden Movement crash that appeared in the last build.
  • Rumour has it that re-enabling full animations for the aliens moving on unrevealed tiles has fixed the "untargetable / invulnerable" alien. Please let us know if you see it in this build.
  • It should now be impossible to get the menu screens as a background after launching the ground combat.
  • Fixed a bug where Light Drones occasionally turned invisible.
  • There's now some basic information on what your starting structures do in the Xenopedia (I'll probably update the blurb a bit in the future).
  • Some more Xenopedia and weapon tooltip typo fixes.

It will be pushed out onto the Stable branch in about 24 hours if it actually proves to be stable.

[*]Rumour has it that re-enabling full animations for the aliens moving on unrevealed tiles has fixed the "untargetable / invulnerable" alien. Please let us know if you see it in this build.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10323-Xenonauts-V1-02-Released!?p=114346&viewfull=1#post114346

Here was a report of the bug happening in 1.02

Personally i never encountered it in 1.0 and 1.01, so, i must be lucky and this bug very tricky to track.

Yeah, I saw that. But I'd like to see more than one confirmation before we dismiss the idea entirely...it's easy for one person to accidentally report an issue from the wrong build etc.

@bucaneer - we're going to test them tomorrow. We've currently had to remove the autoresolve entirely to get rid of the crash, but hopefully we'll find a way to add it back in prior to release.

Noticed that the "Caesan Analysis" research option has no description when picking what to research...I captured a non-combatant caesan if that explains it...either way, it seems like a quick fix

Edit: I also noticed that after I selected a research option when experiencing this (I chose alien interrogation if that matters), the description suddenly reads: "A preliminary study of the composition of the alien invasion fleet." That's from the alien invasion research which was completed LONG ago...

Edit 2: Another odd thing, when I bought a plane for my new secondary base "Mount McKinley," The message read "The following items have arrived at Mount"

Edited by aeons00

Found another untargetable / invulnerable alien. It was a Ceason non-combatant right in front of the closed left Cruser entrance door. The alien got to this position without being in my LOS.

Edit:

Here is the save from mentioned situation: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81028056/1.sav

Edit2:

Nevermind, it's apparenly a different bug. The alien is only untergetable :D

Edited by Larus

When should you expect terror missions to start? I am in mid November, and still no terror mission yet. Veteran difficulty.

Edit: actually I can't remember, it may be on normal difficulty.

It is now the end of December, and still no terror missions?

Edited by winterwolves

Hate to say it, but I've got a more-or-less game-breaking bug on my current playthrough. I get a crash every time I attempt this one Andron Cruiser recovery mission, it seems to happen when an Andron walks through a piece of terrain. I've attempted the mission 3 or 4 times now and I always get a CTD within 3 or 4 turns. Save attached.

[ATTACH]4043[/ATTACH]

crash bug.sav

crash bug.sav

When should you expect terror missions to start? I am in mid November, and still no terror mission yet. Veteran difficulty.

Edit: actually I can't remember, it may be on normal difficulty.

It is now the end of December, and still no terror missions?

For some reason they were moved to later so that the first one can spawn only in November, and not more often than once every 25 days. If you shoot down the first terror UFO, you will not get a terror mission at least until December.

The terror UFOs should keep spawning each wave until you get a successful terror mission. Is that not what is happening?

I have had so very few terror missions in the last builds that I seriously doubt it works as you describe. And I usually do n ot manage to shoot down each and every UFO.

Has this(or 1.02) been applied to the stable/official branch over the last 24 hours?

I was streaming the game yesterday and for the sake of stream I don't constantly want to restart the game, so I am hoping to keep the 1.01 verison(unless I run into a game breaking bug) for the remainder of the stream. As the game does not seem to tell me what version I am running(kinda a silly oversight.. no offense) I want to make sure I am not already too late?

No, it hasn't, it's still on the Experimental. The version number is in the top right corner of the launcher.

Thank you, and you have my apology. I had looked for the version number in the option's menu/main menu. I should have looked around some more.

Has this(or 1.02) been applied to the stable/official branch over the last 24 hours?

I was streaming the game yesterday and for the sake of stream I don't constantly want to restart the game, so I am hoping to keep the 1.01 verison(unless I run into a game breaking bug) for the remainder of the stream. As the game does not seem to tell me what version I am running(kinda a silly oversight.. no offense) I want to make sure I am not already too late?

The easy way to handle this is to just tell Steam to turn off auto-updates for Xenonauts (right-click -> Properties, under Updates). Do note that neither 1.01 nor 1.02 broke saves for me, and that 1.0 was stated to hopefully be the last version that needed to break them.

The easy way to handle this is to just tell Steam to turn off auto-updates for Xenonauts (right-click -> Properties, under Updates). Do note that neither 1.01 nor 1.02 broke saves for me, and that 1.0 was stated to hopefully be the last version that needed to break them.

It isnt so much about breaking saves as the fact that the balances changes to base costs would completely throw the pacing of the game for a loop if applied in the middle of a game. And the way I get around the patches is simply by making a 2nd copy of the folder somewhere else, I had done that with much older(like V17 and V21) versions before, like that I can check on the new versions and see how much they changed before switching over to them.