Worst. Backer Reward. EVER.

I'll start with the disclaimer that I did not fund the game on Kickstarter; in fact, I didn't even know about Xenonauts until a few months ago, at which time I bought it immediately.

Now that that's done, I'll start with my bitching. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there I believe there was a backer reward on KS that put the faces of backers into the game, yes? On its face, this seems fine, but when considered a problem arises. Imagine, if you would, yourself, sitting at your computer, playing Xenonauts. Suddenly, the new soldiers you ordered have arrived, and you find within them a fellow whose countenance you find particularly amusing, for whatever reason. Unfortunately for you, and your budding comedic abilities, you don't know if you can safely bring your oh-so-funny lampooning of your imaginary soldier to the forums, because-horror of horrors-that very soldier might be a member here!

Long story short, is this a real person?

2014-06-01_00005.jpg

If yes:

I'll say no more, other than that I would never intentionally offend or insult someone (unless they're a real jerk).

If not:

I can easily imagine him leading a group of soldiers into a dark corridor, then, somehow sensing the presence of aliens, quickly raising a hand and muttering "something's fucky..."

1cecc4c9304db66084b1db41ead63ff0.jpg

TL;DR Putting backer's faces in the game prevents jackasses like myself from knowing if we can laugh at a potentially amusing image or not.

2014-06-01_00005.jpg

1cecc4c9304db66084b1db41ead63ff0.jpg

2014-06-01_00005.thumb.jpg.8ea286cd946a2

1cecc4c9304db66084b1db41ead63ff0.jpg.76b

If not:

I can easily imagine him leading a group of soldiers into a dark corridor, then, somehow sensing the presence of aliens, quickly raising a hand and muttering "something's fucky..."

This thread is just solid gold right here.

Damn... why I still didn't drawn myself and putted into game... and then another me female version... and then clone them over other faces, so to raise chances of appearing myself in xenonauts... and then replace them all, so it'll be 100% sure... muhahaha, my mighty clones against puny alines! How cool is that!

P.S.

I once had him in squad too. Sadly, he was lost, but it wasn't lame death. He throw smoke grenade, so others could be saved. It was just coincidence, that he shot from pistol at close aline, so to just finish him off. Unlucky for him, alien wasn't happy 'bout that bullet in arm and grounded poor American. (