Xenonauts V1.0 Released!

Congratulations! It was indeed a long and bumpy road, and there were times I doubted you'll manage to make it through. Thanks for proving me wrong.

I really hope your game will get all the praise it deserves, both from press and new players.

Chris, this is the true game we all wanted. A deep hardcore strategy world scale game.

Thanks very much mate for bringing this back, I remember playing UFO when I was just a child and now it seems your team gave us a good second chance, a very very good one.

Cheers and keep it up.

Just want to pop in and add my congratulations to reaching such a exciting milestone! Thanks to GH for a fun ride over the past couple years (I heard about this game years before that, but have just been a regular follower for the last couple of years.) Also much thanks to the regulars in this forum for entertaining me and helping with testing!! I have stopped playing this about a year ago so that it would be fresh once done....I will begin my first complete game this week and have been looking forward to this since XCOM TFTD!

First of all congratz on getting this far!

I've been playing a new game since you released this "final build" and I've encountered a "gamebreaking" bug - on a small scout mission, a caeson guard was completely immune to anything - I couldn't suppress him, couldn't hit him (4 times 95% shots :-(), and when you moused over him, the marker didn't appear (I had to manually target him). This "stealth" caeson eventually wiped out my entire squad :-(

Unfortunately I do not have a savegame, since it was done on ironman (stupid me).

I hope this was just a one off, but I thought I'd better let you Guys know.

First of all congratz on getting this far!

I've been playing a new game since you released this "final build" and I've encountered a "gamebreaking" bug - on a small scout mission, a caeson guard was completely immune to anything - I couldn't suppress him, couldn't hit him (4 times 95% shots :-(), and when you moused over him, the marker didn't appear (I had to manually target him). This "stealth" caeson eventually wiped out my entire squad :-(

Unfortunately I do not have a savegame, since it was done on ironman (stupid me).

I hope this was just a one off, but I thought I'd better let you Guys know.

It is a known bug, chris said he was looking into it. I've encountered it twice so far, both times I've lost good men/women.

OK, so a couple of things have happened for me.

I had an alien spotted on a second level (I think the top of some stairs) but the building was auto-hidden because I had a soldier behind it. I could not see or target the alien. Sorry, I did not get a screen shot, but it was a very confusing situation. It had centered on the alien, on the second level, but only showing the ground level. I think if I was unfamiliar with the level controls, I may have gotten stuck, though selecting the next soldier would put the camera back on the right level.

Also, that same alien shot one of my guys during the alien turn, but I had no idea it had happened at all, until I noticed a dead Xenonaut body on the ground. I should probably get at least shown the death animation for the guy.

If I get the second level thing again I'll take a screen shot and bug report it.

I am really enjoying the game. Thank you.

Yeah had that happen a few times to me as well. Alien is only with manual aiming targetable but still takes no damage. Always have to wait a round until he moves before I get the chance to harm him. Don't see a consistency with that bug, it happens 3 times no with an Cesean guard, Sebillian guard and a light drone in different terra.

Some animations with heavy laser and precision laser are also still missing while crouching. Soldiers were wearing jackel armors.

Yevgeniy - we'll upload the builds to Desura and the Humble Store later today.

Thanks! I keep checking the humble bundle store to see if V21 stable has been replaced with the release build :)

Still can't believe how slow these sites are compared to the Steam...

Edited by ventuswings

Congratulations on the completion of a great project! Wow - what a marathon it must have been for everybody at GH.

I cant wait to play the game with the latest balance changes, and allready modders are lining up interesting additions as well.

You did good! You did good!

:):):)

Never bothered to build buzzard armor before. With no ETs on the upper floors of buildings there was little reason to, and I would simply wait for sentinel's greater protection. Now, buzzard has skyrocketed in value. My guys are "buzzing" all over the place, looking through windows and scanning upper floors with much greater efficiency and much less risk than sending wolf or jackal guys up the stairs into an ambush. 1.0 and the introduction of multi-level exterior GC has made me a buzzard disciple, and I'm loving it. Feels like the old XCom :)

That's awesome ! I can't wait for the last critical bugfixes ! When I understood Chris was trustworthy enough to make a good game I quit testing in order not to be spoiled and I'm really looking forward to play the full game.

The last time I was so excited was when I reached second base for the first time. In Xcom, I mean.

Congratulations. I was here early on but dropped off as the game started to become more complete. Lacking time for serious bug-testing, I chose to stop playing so the content would be fresh and the first play-through more fun.

I'll give the game a couple more weeks for further bug-eradication then start up a nice new game.

Oh by the way, I recommend that people stop playing iron man mode until the game is totally bug free. I've made that mistake too many times in the past to do it again. Actually, I'll never play iron man on any game for that reason.

Wow, what a way to lose myself for a couple of days and then get news that Xenonauts is released.

I'm 30 hours in already, this is it. IT! Everything any other X-Com clone lacked, Xenonauts has and more. It was a right choice to back it up year back, now I see it clear.

Congratulations on this massive milestone!

I'm not sure how this works and I'm sure you have plans but you need to get the game on the front page of Steam - in the main 'Featured Items' box with a 'V1.0 Released!' tag. Don't under-estimate the power of Steams' main page for getting people to notice.

This will increase your sales massively, or it should do, and you certainly deserve it after all your hard work.

Well done and thanks for making an X-Com fans dream come true. :)