Xenonauts V1.0 Released!

You did it - you're the first to come up with a successor to the original xcom game that neither tries to copy it 1:1 nor strays too far to capture the feel of the old one. Many have attempted this, and while some have made great games in the process, none of them got it as right as you did. Congratulations!

Congratulations!

It was so long ago that I read about this game being made and thought "Yes! I really miss X-Com, we need it back and sexied up!" Well here we are. I am proud to have backed such an outstanding project and I look forward to what Goldhawk does in the future.

In the meantime it's time to load up Xenonauts and start a new game, get to know a new bunch of rookies, and those that live, rename them with funny names and try to keep them alive. Have fun all :)

Yes, absolutely, congratulations! I've only been around for a few months, can barely imagine what you guys have been through balancing this game for YEARS!

FWIW, I'm telling everybody and anybody I know to buy this game :D

Basic armour no longer has any Kinetic resistance, as this was preventing Xenonauts being affected by wayward flashbangs

I might suggest the term basic "armor" is a little misleading then. Zero protection across the board. My guys would do just as well rocking Speedos. How about "combat fatigues" or something along those lines?

Congrats on getting everything done!

I am noticing a fairly consistent CTD - when on the geoscape and clicking to the equip soldiers tab, I have CTD multiple times. Last time I noticed that I had an interceptor in the air, but I don't know if that was consistent with the other crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

Congrats on getting everything done!

I am noticing a fairly consistent CTD - when on the geoscape and clicking to the equip soldiers tab, I have CTD multiple times. Last time I noticed that I had an interceptor in the air, but I don't know if that was consistent with the other crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

Yep, I had the equip screen crash too, though from another base screen rather than Geoscape, after a mission where I had loaded a game. Other than that, I haven't had any problems so far, and this release has a great feel to it.

So I just wanted to say congrats to Chris, GJ, Aaron and Giovanni. Guys you made an old dream of mine come true and i'm proud to say that Xenonauts was the first kickstarter project i ever backed. Heck, I only heard of kickstarter cause of Xenonauts.

This game without a doubt is the best X-Com remake i ever seen, it has an awesome modding team which is quite an achievement considering that it hasn't been officially released yet (three huzzahs also go to Max_Caine and a333 for the Lore+ mod and Skitso as well as all the other incredibly talented mappers).

Its been a real honor following this project in the last 2 years, obviously i'm not as much as a project veteran as others here, but i'd never expect myself to track an alpha staged game (and of course later turned-beta) for almost 2 years.

Fact is I put 100 hours of playing into it so far (didn't get pass landing ships due to the constant updates) which might not sound a lot, but they are probably the only 100 hours i played of anything in the last 2 years. In the last 2 years a lot happened for me - i've become parent and held with my teeth at 2 jobs while doing a PhD. All of these really forced me to let go of the one thing i'm most passionate about in my life that doesn't revolve around my family and jobs - gaming. I've been a gamer since i was 6 years old when i would manage to sneak into my older brother's room and play on his C64. Letting go of gaming was probably the one thing that was the hardest for me in these 2 years and Xenonauts was pretty much the biggest comfort as far as having any "me" time goes. It seems odd now, that every free minute i managed to steal went into Xenonauts, but my point is that its that much of an incredible game in my opinion and if i'd have to do it all over again, i'd still stick to Xenonauts over every other game out there (including the 250 games i have in total on steam, gog, origin and Uplay).

Thank you guys, thank you for making this game. It meant so damn much for me and I will probably keep any future goldhawk products in a favored place over any other game that will be made.

Cheers guys!

So this day has finally come. Congratulations, guys.

Even though it's a bit sad the development is over, i know the new beginning isn't so far away.

Good luck with the release. *Breaks a bottle of chamagne over the monitor*

Congrats!

I have been stalking up the forums for release and it is finally here!

Just setting up to record some of the 1.0 gameplay!

I did not see Lore+ mod bundled up tho?

I will try to upload my first ep today.

Thank you guys and cheers!

Just met an immortal and untargettable Ceasan.

The damn thing was hiding behind some trees, so i took them down with a rocket (not sure if i damaged the alien too). Anyway, after removing the obstacle, we managed to get the alien in our line of sight, but it was untargettable. Even shooting at its tile didn't manage to deal it damage. The Ceasan proceeded to keep squatting, shooting my poor soldiers and taking them down one by one while we helplessly kept firing at him both bullets and rockets (at its tile, since the game didn't let me target the enemy). Soldiers were firing at him with the "reflex" auto-fire too, but not a single bullet managed to hit it.

Then i quit the game, reloaded the ironman save and apparently the problem was fixed: i could finally target that alien correctly once again.

Just want to pop in and congratulate Goldhawk on the release. You have all put your heart and soul in this game and I am super psyched to play your "lovechild". Thank you for your efforts and the countless sleepless nights!

I've found 2 bugs in the 1.0 that I think you guys should maybe fix in the final final version. First, the game doesn't generate autosave at the beginning of a GC mission. Sometimes you can't click your soldiers to move into shroud. (black tiles are unclickable). Otherwise, very stable and polished. Good work. I'll post these in the bug forums too.

Congratulations guys.

I played this your experimental builds heavily for a few months after the Early Access went live on Steam and submitted a few bug reports etc, but have been inactive for months now. I'll be coming back to give the game another go with the 1.0 release.

The development process here has been a great advert for the benefits of the Early Access methodology. There are a lot of questions being asked about Steam and Early Access at the moment following a few disasters like Towns - so nice to see a good example from the opposite end of the spectrum.