Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack

Skitso

I haven't tried the maps yet but I will do so, probably even tonight as I have had about 200 ground combats at this point and the maps are repetitive to the extent I am fully aware what's where so they really can't surprise me. It looks like an awesome pack and a lot of work must have gone in for which I commend you! It should have no problem to work in 21 stable, right?

Solver, please remove the link from your post. I will probably change, update and fix the pack a lot in the following weeks and its better to have only one up-to-date link in the OP. Thanks. :)

Done, although I'd definitely like to do that again at least once you have a version that you don't anticipate changing for some time. Old-style direct downloads are far more convenient :)

Damn, this is very awesome. Now I'm pretty nervous, as I don't want to start play again, till official release will be done. (So that should be awesome reason to start again!)

Great work, thank you very much for all your good work there, Skitso!

I don't know how this happened, but after installing this over a clean v21.10, I now get random UFO submaps - some are vanilla, some are from the Fire in the Hole mod. This is weird.

Did you manually clear the installation folder or just uninstalled from Steam? To really make a clean installation, you need to manually delete the folder, as uninstall leaves all non-vanilla content untouched.

I don't know how this happened, but after installing this over a clean v21.10, I now get random UFO submaps - some are vanilla, some are from the Fire in the Hole mod. This is weird.

I've put a note on this on the relevant threads in the modding forum.

Did you manually clear the installation folder or just uninstalled from Steam? To really make a clean installation, you need to manually delete the folder, as uninstall leaves all non-vanilla content untouched.

Yeah, I just did a Steam re-validate and then installed the map pack over v22.10. That left the new kabill UFO submaps in place, giving this interesting effect.

While I think it could be pretty interesting if intentional, I don't recommend reproducing this like I did - it ends up with the modded crash maps present without the mod actually being installed, which means no breaching charges, which makes assaulting those UFOs frustrating.

And Skitso, I love your completely evil placement of gas tanks and other exploding things on the industrial maps!

Question: This is a bit of a long-term idea, but assuming I get chance to go back to my random map project, I was wondering whether you'd mind me packaging these maps with it but altered with some RMP submap sections on them.

One of the issues with the RMP is that is drowns out the other maps and its a shame that the better maps get lost in among less good ones. So I was thinking that having some extra copies - with some modifications - might be a nice way to increase their presence in the map pool.

Sure, kabill. You can also check my approach on adding few random maps in my middle eastern maps in this pack for further inspiration. I have 1 random forest map in each map size to mix things up but not drown out the hand made maps.

I plan on doing the same way with at least desert maps too and maybe arctic.