Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The workaround thread

Awards:
    Discussion Ender

The workaround thread

Hello Guys\Girls,
    There are some annoying problems, that blocks you in progressing the game, but maybe there is a workaround for it until the next patch, but you just don't know about it. Here you can share your findings with the community.

This thread is not instead of reporting bugs and posting workarounds, this thread is to help each other to progress in the game further.

Workaround for the camera panning on farmlands:
    Issue:
    You cannot pan camera to the north on farmlands
    Solution:
    Pan it to two directions at the same time. (Press Up and a Side button \ Hover your cursor to a top corner)

Workaround for the Machine Gunners cannot jump over fences:
    Issue:
    Machine gunners cannot jump over fences.
    Workaround:
    Crouch before the fence, then give a move command trough it. (You will see your machine gunner slide over it)

Returning to base with low fuel crash:
    Issue:
    Sometimes when you keep fighting with low fuel the game crashes.
    Workaround:
    Whenever the return to base dialog pops up, accept it and flee!

Please share your findings, and thank you for the good job guys .
    Matthew - Xenonauts Testing Lead

Frozen game on reaction fire:
    Issue:
    Reaction fire from invisible aliens causes game to hang.
    Workaround:
    Edit xenonauts\assets\units\alien\caesan\noncombatant\w eapon.AlienPlasmaPistol\soldier_spectre.xml

In that file, replace every occurence of caesan/weapon with caesan/noncombatant/weapon
    This fixes both the reaction fire hang and alien invisibility (so far, for me ).

Issue: can not save game over existing save game.

workaround:click the text line first then click the save you want to overwrite then hit enter and click yes.

works anytime.
    Preordering Xenonauts is like buying a puppy instead of a 4 year old dog.
    And a big THANX to Anotherdevil for his work in mods, my promotion, and my new look!

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by yawa View Post
    Issue:
    Workaround:
    Edit xenonauts\assets\units\alien\caesan\noncombatant\w eapon.AlienPlasmaPistol\soldier_spectre.xml

In that file, replace every occurence of caesan/weapon with caesan/noncombatant/weapon
    This fixes both the reaction fire hang and alien invisibility (so far, for me ).
    He he...took me forever to figure out what was going on...I couldn't find that file and it was driving me insane.

Duh. Playing the game on Desura means you don't have that file on your system so you can't do the workaround unless you download the game's zip file.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsisk View Post
    Duh. Playing the game on Desura means you don't have that file on your system so you can't do the workaround unless you download the game's zip file.
    doing a search on my computer came up with nothing also but i finally found the correct path at - c: programfiles/desura/common/xenonauts
    Preordering Xenonauts is like buying a puppy instead of a 4 year old dog.
    And a big THANX to Anotherdevil for his work in mods, my promotion, and my new look!

Quote Originally Posted by yawa View Post
    Issue:
    Workaround:

Could you please upload such workaround? it happens to me all the time and I have to load the game.

Oh !! and thanks to NoIdidnt for the savegame workaround

Issue: base buttons become unclikable and cannot access base

Workaround: Click base icon on geoscape gui with mouse cursor. Buttons work again.

Bug v9.1 - Machine guns do not fire using basic armour.
    Workaround:
    Open your assets/units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun folder
    Locate and open soldier_spectre.xml
    Copy the entries below and add them to soldier_spectre, above </state>.
    Save and exit soldier_spectre.
    The machine gun should now work, note that the animations will not be correct but it will fire.

<anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_w" anim="crouchburstshot_NY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_e" anim="crouchburstshot_K"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_n" anim="crouchburstshot_E"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_s" anim="crouchburstshot_D"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_nw" anim="crouchburstshot_ENY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_ne" anim="crouchburstshot_EK"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_sw" anim="crouchburstshot_DNY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/crouchburstshoot_se" anim="crouchburstshot_DK"/>

<anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_w" anim="burstshot_NY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_e" anim="burstshot_K"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_n" anim="burstshot_E"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_s" anim="burstshot_D"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_nw" anim="burstshot_ENY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_ne" anim="burstshot_EK"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_sw" anim="burstshot_DNY"/>
    <anim src="units/xenonaut/basicarmour/weapon.machinegun/burstshoot_se" anim="burstshot_DK"/>
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

V9.2 CTD when accessing soldier inventory over a dead alien.

The alien plasma cell has no inventory image associated with it.
    If you want to fix it open assets/weapons and make a new folder called plasma.
    Copy the lasercell.png from assets/weapons/laser into your new folder and rename it plasmacell.png.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Hidden movment freeze, temp fix.

In the assests\missiontypeprops_gc file, change the number of civilians and allies AI to 0.
    Last edited by craftomega; 04-24-2012 at 05:02.