Strategy Guide/Walkthrough

FWIW, I just put up a large update to the guide. Whole new sections. Thanks to input from Irishguy, Stellar and others, it's now practically a novel. There's just about everything that I, with everybody else's help, could possibly think of in there.

Don't think I've put in quite the hours that others (kabill, max, skitso, etc) have on their maps and mods, but it's still been an effort, and my little attempt at contributing to the cause. And hopefully now it's done :)

FWIW, I just put up a large update to the guide. Whole new sections. Thanks to input from Irishguy, Stellar and others, it's now practically a novel. There's just about everything that I, with everybody else's help, could possibly think of in there.

Don't think I've put in quite the hours that others (kabill, max, skitso, etc) have on their maps and mods, but it's still been an effort, and my little attempt at contributing to the cause. And hopefully now it's done :)

DP you really ought to put up a new post in the General Discussion section with a link to your guide. It's is not off topic and a lot of people don't look at this section because the figure it doesn't contain game info. I'm going to working on the tactical tips this weekend and hopefully will have something to add on Monday.

• 1 month later...

Now that the game has been out for a while I should look at updating the Unofficial Wiki with more up to date information. Fortuantly people have been regularly updating it but it can stand to improve.

Amusingly looking at the admin stats the Wiki gets around 10,000 visits every day.

I've made a lot of headway in bringing the wiki up to code, fortunately I originally designed the pages to be easily updated to the full release values. As well as adding in a "Beginners Guide" and other helpful guides, I updated other aspects such as crew compliments and what not.

http://xenonauts.wikia.com/wiki/A_Beginner%27s_Guide

I made this in similar style to the UFOpedia guide, feel free to expand on it as it only focuses on the first month so far and is based on my experiences.

• 3 months later...

About importance of bravery: whatever bravery soldier has, heavy wound, lose of ally or prolonged suppression have a high chance to cause him panic (or even worse - fleeing towards enemy or berserking). Morale bonuses from hi-ranks and adjanced allies have more influence over morale. And sodiers are very likely to be mindfrayed by psionics, morale they have won't make much difference.

Bravery is not so difficult to train up (very easy to be honest), but it is very grindy and boring process. Easier to finish last mission with unbrave rookies. Also slow, weak and innacurate soldiers when fully trained will have maximal HP possible. Personally I find that reflexes are the most hardest to train stat (because I'm trying to avoid situations when it can be trained).

It should be mentioned that AI tries to avoid stun smoke, which makes it very useful for keeping reapers at distance and pulling ETs out-of cover.

• 7 months later...