Olgoy-Horhoy

Russian translation

31 posts in this topic

He means "a pig in a poke".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke

"The idiom pig in a poke can also simply refer to someone buying a low-quality pig in a bag because he or she did not carefully check what was in the bag". Buying something without knowing what it is.

In the original russian version it's "cat in a bag" (Кот в мешке).

Oink!

Thanks! I'm a language nerd. :P

And thanks Olgoy :D

Google translate has a lot to learn. Or I should learn Russian (or ask my buddy Igor to translate). Yevgeniy, I did not understand what you mean here. Do you mean "does it still not support unicode"? I'd say, keep this thread alive or PM/spam the devs :)

Could we perhaps classify this as a bug and let it be mentioned in the known bugs thread? Then we can follow up the status there.

Silver: The proverb is also "buying a cat in a bag" in my native language, Dutch. Why would anyone want to buy a cat or a pig in a bag anyway?

Silver: The proverb is also "buying a cat in a bag" in my native language, Dutch. Why would anyone want to buy a cat or a pig in a bag anyway?

Presumably to let it out?

.... But the game doesn't show Cyrillic, and I can't understand, am I doing something wrong, so it's my fault, or there is a real technical problem?...

It might be, that the game font does not include Cyrillic letters, thus will show only blank spaces.

For me, I would really like to know from developers, if it would be possible to change the games fonts on file level or if we had to re-draw those original.

Like when we did the translation of Neverwinter nights and Neverwinter nights 2, there were separate font files we could changes, where in TES IV: Oblivion and other games (like Darkest of Days) we had to re-drawn original font bitmaps.