Alien fighter attack funding change

In the bug section, it has been reported that alien fighters shooting down targets get positive funding. I have no doubt that this bug will get fixed, however it is the amount of funding change that concerns me. If it is just a simple reversal bug, I think the alien fighter events will take too much funding away.

Alien fighters originally did not show up until around when corvettes showed up, but a recent change now makes you see them from day 1.

I've seen hits as big as $48,000 from shooting down an airliner with 160 passengers, and that was just one event. I think that is too big of a funding hit to deal with in the early game when you barely have any coverage at all. For reference, a normal event from a light scout or scout only takes away $10,000-$15,000.

I propose scaling down the funding hits from alien fighter events to half what they are currently.

Edited by legit1337

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post.

I still think alien fighter events make you lose too much funding. I can get losses as high as -150,000$ (for a single region) in the first month alone, which is enough to lose you some regions before you even have a chance to get a second base. I'm playing v22.8.

Lol on my current game I just got -314,000$ to russia on the first month. Nothing I could do, I started in north america. Fighter event funding hits definitely need to be toned down. Playing on veteran btw.

PLEASE fix this. It makes the early game way too difficult. You shouldn't be losing countries in the first month from just light scouts. Save that crap for insane difficulty.

Edited by legit1337

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Losing a hell of a lot of funding very quickly because of fighters outside of my radar coverage. Should be a simple fix, it just depends on how the devs want to handle it. Either fighters need to show up later, or they need to have a smaller chance of shooting down an airliner. Or maybe the chance ramps up as the invasion escalates? Shooting down airliners is a fairly aggressive by the aliens, too aggressive early on IMO given that this is happening at the same stage of the invasion that scouts are just sort of puttering around abducting cattle and murdering fish.

I'd also like to know what this change has done to the number of alien craft. If the number of craft spawning is the same, but you now have a different mixture then you also lose revenue as you dont get as many crash sites to raid. Whilst if fighters are additional craft then the funding from crashsite potential remains unchanged.

Only one squadron out of an entire wave can be fightercraft, as the Air Superiority missiontype has a specific "once per wave" flag set, so the impact on UFO acquisiton is minimised.

EDIT: The "too many fightercraft" issue was present in early builds, so in the state the game is now, there's waaaaaay less fightercraft than there was previously.

Only one squadron out of an entire wave can be fightercraft, as the Air Superiority missiontype has a specific "once per wave" flag set, so the impact on UFO acquisiton is minimised.

EDIT: The "too many fightercraft" issue was present in early builds, so in the state the game is now, there's waaaaaay less fightercraft than there was previously.

The problem is thought that the fightercraft can still shoot down 4-5 airliners before disappearing, netting you crazy losses like -150,000$ per un-intercepted fighter. I've seen single "airliner shot down" events generate -50,000$ by themselves.

Edited by legit1337

just started a new game v22.8hf and after the first month i get a screen of red, US loses 300,000+ alone, russia 225,000 and 3 other entries over 100,000. So i get just under 1 mil, 500,000 gone on second base which will take 10 days, then 10 more for radar before i can even hope to stem the funding lose in that area... hmmm this is going to be tough.