V22 Experimental Build 2 Released!

Firstly, if you do not know how to access the experimental branch on Steam, please read the instructions (and warnings!) in this thread. This update may work with saved games from previous V22 experimental versions, but will not recognise saved games from before that. If you experience issues when loading a saved game from previous versions, please mention that if making a bug report!

This release is mainly bug fixes and additional bits of polish here and there. The most important fix is for the crash when loading into a game that contains a mind controlled unit. Additionally the balance change to psionic troops to prevent them using the more powerful abilities over long distances should go a long way to making these powers less frustrating to fight against.

Here's the changes:

Fixes:

- Crash with save games that contain a mind-controlled unit should now be fixed.

- Fixed aliens without the health regeneration ability regenerating health anyway

- Fixed flying jetpack units vanishing in certain situations

- Terrain objects are now cleared from the Valkyrie dropship spawn area, acceptable spawn areas now marked

- Fixed an infinite loop related to teleporting AI units

- Fixed corpses becoming invisible if they were picked up and then dropped

- Fixed some missing strings for Drone autopsies and shield tooltips

- Set white propane tanks to explode correctly

- Corrected a "floating tile" issue on one of the large desert maps

- Fixed some mis-set door tiles

- Fixed some mis-set rifle crouch animations

- Fixed misaligned zombie sprites

- When a multi-tile object is revealed, all of the ground sprites beneath it become visible too

- Fixed manufacturing occasionally draining resources multiple times for one project

- Slowed down some Wolf Plasma Caster fire animations

- Androns and the Praetor can no longer be forced to crouch by the AI

- Visual fixes for main menu / launch interceptors dialog / airplane view

- Fix: when capturing a landed ufo, continent relations bonus was not given

- Setting time scale to 5 seconds when disengaging a UFO

- No longer showing lower level turrets in available buildings list when new ones are unlocked

- A few Xenopedia entries have been moved to the correct categories

- Fixed a crash when clicking "Go to Base" on the items arrivied dialog

- Soldiers nationalities are now translated

- Updated a few of the weapon tooltips

- Fixed unarmed soldiers using shields not displaying the shield

- Aligned the two Corsair cannon slots with one another properly

- Fixed a number of missing grenade animations when units had combat shields

- Berserk psionic power now takes effect at the start of the next turn, so your soldier will berserk even if he has no TU when the power is used on him in the alien turn.

- MAG weapons should now unlock properly.

- Ground Combat music should now randomise correctly, as previously it would always play one track.

Additions:

- Items arriving at a base are now listed

- Added new destroyed sprites for all Xenonaut vehicles

- Added several new farm maps

- Added updated final mission ground tiles

- Added more painted over tiles for UFOs and the final mission

- Added new sounds: alien doors, unit gibbing, Sentinel jump pack, stun baton, MAGSTORM, air combat weapons, Reaper attacks, heavy weapons

- Added the damage values for vehicles displaying above them when they take damage/resist.

- Units that fully resist a shots damage, either from armour or shield, will now play a spark effect rather than a blood effect

Balance:

- Alien psionic powers are no longer all squad-sight. Berserk is LOS-only, Mind Control is squad-sight but now has a limited range, but Fear and Paralyse now have unlimited range

- Air combat fuel burn rate halved

- Sniper rifles now have 49% Normal shot cost instead of 50% (so even top ranked snipers can shoot twice)

- Zombies reduced from 80HP to 60HP

- Buffed aircraft cannons to have the same range as the equivalent missiles

- Interceptor cannons now have 80 rounds instead of 60

If you encounter any bugs please post them in the bugs forum, and make sure you mark them as being from the experimental build!

Balance comments can be made in the following threads:

Ground Combat: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9548-Ground-Combat-Balance-V22-Experimental-2

Geoscape: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9547-Geoscape-Balance-V22-Experimental-2

We've had a lot of elusive stability issues over the past couple of days in the dev version, and we think we've fixed them with this build.

However it's possible there's still some massive crashes in the build...let us know in this thread if so and I'll roll it back again tomorrow if needed.

Can anyone else confirm the medikit heal CTD?

We were hoping it wouldn't break saves, but looks like it has. Ah well...that's probably going to happen quite a bit over the coming eight weeks given how many fixes we'll be doing.

We were hoping it wouldn't break saves, but looks like it has. Ah well...that's probably going to happen quite a bit over the coming eight weeks given how many fixes we'll be doing.

I can also confirm the Medikit CTD. I can upload save file if necessary

Hi Chris,

I have restarted. No Save Games, and I have had CTD's on first use of Medikits, and Stun Batons, but I can't get the situation to repeat.

I'm still working to get a saved game that will CTD reliably (if that makes any sense)

Sandy

Hi Chris,

I have restarted. No Save Games, and I have had CTD's on first use of Medikits, and Stun Batons, but I can't get the situation to repeat.

I'm still working to get a saved game that will CTD reliably (if that makes any sense)

Sandy

Chris,

I think I have it.

Using the attached Save game, select the sniper, have her drop her gun, grab the Stun Baton, and whack the last Sebbie in the middle of the ship. It seems to be important that she drop her gun and grab the baton in order to get the CTD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auma37cy1807nk9/use%20baton.sav

I do hope this works for you.

Sandy

I used SandytheSlinger's save and followed the instructions and get a repeatable crash after I click ok on the mission successful screen to end the mission.

Not only that, its quiet rare that lot of buttons and items of the inventory has this behavior.

The main issue its not only with hesling and missions ending, even starting some missions with no aliens in the map. :$

The main issue its not only with hesling and missions ending, even starting some missions with no aliens in the map. :$

Are other people getting this? I encountered this last week when playing 22.1 with some mods, but I figured it was due to something I'd done with the mod (though I couldn't work out what). Playing vanilla I haven't seen it, though.

Are other people getting this? I encountered this last week when playing 22.1 with some mods, but I figured it was due to something I'd done with the mod (though I couldn't work out what). Playing vanilla I haven't seen it, though.

This is caused by damage Aiprop.xml, you need to use a xml validator to correct it, other causes could be weapons_gc.xml

Usually damage during modding.

Yes, when you use the medkit the icon disappears leaving only the charges. When trying to move to the backpack - CTD.

Ending turn the medkit is gone - saving the game makes CTD and save is corrupt.

33nul45.jpg

BTW. Did I miss any change to more UFO hit points ? I was shocked that scout can survive 2 avalanche missiles :/

Edited by silencer