Saving downed soldiers

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be guaranteed to work this way, but if you use a medpack on a downed soldier they don't die and instead become wounded at mission end as long as you "healed" them immediately after they were downed

That's probably a bug, but a very interesting bug. You see, once a solider goes below 0 HP they get a "saving throw" at the end of the mission. If they pass it, they keep living (if at 1 HP). This saving throw is modified by how below they are 0HP with -20HP being 0% chance of success. So, if you can "heal" a downed solider, they will always pass their saving throw which means you can stabilise a downed solider. I think if you can do that consistently, that "bug" should be relabelled as a feature.

That's probably a bug, but a very interesting bug. You see, once a solider goes below 0 HP, they get a "saving throw" at the end of the mission. If they pass it, they keep living (if at 1 HP). This saving throw is modified by how below they are 0HP, with -20HP being 0% chance of success. So, if you can "heal" a downed solider, they will always pass their saving throw which means you can stabilise a downed solider. I think if you can do that consistently, that "bug" should be relabelled as a feature.

Not sure it needs to be consistent. In fact, actually, it being consistent would be bad, since it would enable the player to go round stabilising all their soldiers before ending the mission. So it would be better if it didn't always work.

It doesn't work unless it is done in the next turn. You can't wait at all. I ran out of TU the first time I tried and the second (less important) soldier died at mission end, they also didn't have healing numbers above them

Well, I just shot my soldiers a bunch to see if it would happen again and it looks like it stopped working. Now all of my soldiers are coming back dead. Not sure if mission ending matters with survival chance, because I had defeated the aliens when they did survive, and didn't specifically kill with my soldiers. I did notice that some soldier corpses cause healing number and some do not

I love that I can revive accidentally stun-gassed soldiers with the med-pack, makes some of those bad grenade tosses less annoying.

I think a random chance of a trooper pulling through is great. And it makes keeping a medic in the squad more valuable.