[V9 build] Geoscape\ Ground combat bug list

Hey guys,

Just did a single ground mission with the new v9 of the game and noticed the following bug:

When a Sebillian was shot, his reaction animation (recoiling from the impact) flickered to the Caesan character sprite instead.

Also, I don't know if these are bugs or not but the Sebillian's made no attacks at all and the one took about 7 - 8 single shots to drop. Is that intentional? I only ask because the second one I encountered died to a single burst of M16 fire.

Played 3 Ground Combats, noticed the Recoil animation doing that too, Was your on the Farm? I sisnt see them do that at the industrial zone, when they were hit there, but they never recoiled. Just on the Farm.

Dont know if this is a Bug or not, guys would jump the fence and land in the same spot then run through it.

In One instance I ran a soldier through a wall of a building on the farm. he did not see the wall was there (it still showed black and in shadow) and he ran right through it.

I have a few sequencial save files from the exploits if you can pick them apart somehow.

---------------------------

I have a Few other things I noticed that freaked me out a bit. And I was not able to Duplicate.

1 - Created second base on the southern Island of Japan right away after the first was made, and the Funding reset to 4.5 mil. I have three bases and am only halfway through the first month.

2 - My First Intercept met the craft on what may have been the border between water and land, and the "Tail until over land option was available, I clicked it, and it tailed all the way to moscow and did not engage. I tried to click on it and make it engage and it would not, eventually ran out of fuel and the ship fled.

3 - When ufo Escaped from Combat, and my f-17's left the grid - it said f-17 Escaped to space after going back to geoscape

4 - Alt Tab Will not work while the Ground Combat Screen loads. Once the Screen has loaded, it will reduce the program and show the desktop. Its like it will not activate during the Load Screen, but it does as soon as that screen is done.

5 - Is it supposed to retain the reserve setting yet? Or is that not implemented yet?

6 - I noticed this in the prior version, why does it autosell all the weapons you find at the end of ground combat?

7 - Can not Overwrite Prior Saves? Implemented yet?

8 - Also, If this was not intended, Some of the aliens were identified only by a grey circle on the ground and the soldiers had "spotted them" one was behind a fence, Shot him dead and his body appeared.

I've just done a quick ground combat before going to bed, so I don't have enough to make a thread yet, but I've also encountered the invisible, yet spotted, alien. It is simply marked as a shadow (was on the Farm map). I had the strange problem that my machine gunner couldn't shoot at it, even while targetting tiles in front of or behind the shadow, but my sniper could (and one-hit killed it).

Likewise, while this requires more tests, on industrial as well to be certain, it appears that it's impossible to access the second floor of the farm house. My soldier would run straight through the stairs and it was impossible to target anything on the second floor.

Guys please, if you find a bug MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR IT!!!!! It would make me easier to manage the bugs, to reply for every one, so please, make a new thread for the bugs.

The formula we use on the forums:

[Version number] - Short description of the bug <<-- You should name the threads like that.

Look around the forums, to see how thing rolling here :)

Thanks you.

Yeah, seperate threads are best. The invisible aliens are missing sprite issues - it'd be helpful if you could kill the missing alien, then go to the tile it is standing on and open the inventory. If you mouseover the corpse that appears it should tell you the alien type. That'll let us find out where the missing sprites are.

The Sebillian / Caesan thing is another sprite issue too. I think that's probably a relatively simple fix.

Hey guys,

Just did a single ground mission with the new v9 of the game and noticed the following bug:

When a Sebillian was shot, his reaction animation (recoiling from the impact) flickered to the Caesan character sprite instead.

I can confirm this. If it maybe matters the Sebillian was turned away from my soldier (the alien looked in direction of the upper left corner of the map)

Yep, same here Sony; the Sebillian was facing the upper left corner of the map.

So, are Sebillian's supposed to be armed? As I mentioned, they never once performed a reaction fire attack on my guys. Did I read somewhere that in v8.9 the aliens had 360degree awareness? Has this been removed, maybe that's why he didn't react to my troops.

Yep, same here Sony; the Sebillian was facing the upper left corner of the map.

So, are Sebillian's supposed to be armed? As I mentioned, they never once performed a reaction fire attack on my guys. Did I read somewhere that in v8.9 the aliens had 360degree awareness? Has this been removed, maybe that's why he didn't react to my troops.

They were in the 3rd combat I had, I had 3 of them, one wheeled 180 when I was coming up behind and fired. It was a Blue Ball of something.. and it missed the first time. I like the fact you cant sneak up on them and they geta change to wheel and fire, I would hope the soldiers could too.. if AP is avail.

Ok, Seperate thread for all Issues. I just wans't sure that some of the things I noticed were bugs or not.

1 - If you press M you gain 1 million dollars. Could this cause your issue?

2 - The UFO ship might be faster than you. I've tried itnercepting multiple kind of UFOs, but it works for me.

3 - Known issue, is in Mantis.

4 - Many games use this solution. I don't really think it's a bug. I'll discuss it with Chris.

5 - It's supposed to be remembered, it's not implemented yet.

6 - It's not selling the weapons. Alien plasma technology is currently not available for players.

7 - You can overwrite save games, it works for me fine.

8 - Yes it's a known issue, and will be fixed.

I rename your thread now, but please, try to follow the rules on the forums and name your bugs properly. Thank you!

Sorry about the naming issue, Matthew.

Just an update on this; I've now tried a ground combat mission about 6 times. Each time, it's a scout ship but the crew is only ever two of the new Sebillians. The don't move, react or do anything at all. I've ran soldiers past them, one space in front of their face and nothing.

Sadly, it's making the game kind of unplayable for me. I tried changing the alien type to Caesans in the settings file but this had no effect. I've also noticed that there are no civilians on the maps anymore.

Is anybody else facing these same issues?

Hope that info helps.

The AI is a placeholder. We are currently working on it to make it act as in X-Com games. But it's a slow process sadly.

If AI will be ready I'm sure Chris will make it number one in the change log, capitalize it, give it a big font size and make every letter of it in different colors.

6 - It's not selling the weapons. Alien plasma technology is currently not available for players.

I thought players were never going to be able to keep alien plasma weapons? That they are (will be) only supposed to be used by soldiers if they are picked up on the battlefield (after reasearching plasma tech ofc) and then with a great penalty

6 - It's not selling the weapons. Alien plasma technology is currently not available for players.[/Quote]

Ok, but it says on the end of Combat Screen that it is selling them.

Sold My Pistols.jpg

Says Alien Plasma Pistol (2) 30,000

Then Below, Total Sales - 30,000

And how many do they need to research? lol Each Combat they take one of each weapon, Well the 50 Scientists have to have about 10 by now. Not to mention the rifles.

Sold My Pistols.jpg

577e7c854774f_SoldMyPistols.jpg.8b7d5791