Is Xenonauts Playable/Enjoyable yet?

Ohh Snap looks whos back!

I been reading the Bugs section and it looks like this game is still suffering from serious bug issues.

I was wondering what the NEW players think of the game and which bug is the one that has

broken the game for them if any?

Can you go through the entire game yet, or its not complete yet?

Thanks inadvance.

Please rate the game from a 0-10. I wanna get an idea of where the game is from NEW players. Thanks.

what? no love for us seasoned Xenovets NastyNative?

Someone had a UFO crash off the coast the other week, and I was reminded of your Underwater missions thread. I regret not name dropping you when I had the chance.

Recent first impressions from Arabin, theothersider and Bluedrake42.

The most recent stable build was just launched today (the above were for the experimental- less stable- builds), so I'd definitely recommend viewing the Beta Discussion forum for a feel for where the game is. There's a mix from both old and new players there.

Any serious bug issues should make themselves known there too, if there are any.

I'd have thought you're more likely to get a reply from the newer players if you ask how playable people find it in the actual release threads in the Announcements forum. The forums are busy and the new players you're after probably spend most of their time reading the developer-created threads.

Just started playing v18 Stable a couple of days ago and it's pretty fun so far. I've only encountered one CTD (multiple fighters bug) and the workaround, er, worked. Of course, I'm only one month into the game but up until now everything's running smoothly.

banned.jpg

NastyNative/I was banned because I didnt purchase the game.

Way to go Chris!

I knew before how things ran around here.

To all the Vets , whats up sorry we cant have those fired up arguments

w/ all you guys. I do miss !!!

Either way I was just inhere, because I didnt want to spoil my self

purchasing a bugged Xenonauts. Looks like I have no say until

I dish out the green!

Chris hurry and ban this account as well.

To all my fans, You will be missed!

Unsurprisingly, NastyNative, I do have a Google Alert set up for Xenonauts so I can get an impression of what people outside our community think about Xenonauts too. A few days ago it threw up this: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040139916

I find it remarkable how interested you are in a game you think is a buggy POS and made by an unprofessional developer who is never seeing a penny of your money.

Even if I had forgotten the personal abuse you felt it necessary to send me over PM because I'd not developed the game in record time (despite you never having actually bought a copy of the game), I somehow think that receiving your $20 would not make listening to your incessant criticism worthwhile. Please do us all a favour and never buy my game, and never visit these forums again. Just forget Xenonauts ever existed.

If I thought you were I decent person I'd also ask you never to play my game, but I'm sure you'll find some moral justification to pirate my game simply because you don't like me personally. However, I'm equally sure that was always your intention all along so I can't say I'm particularly bothered at this point.

As you're the only person (spambots aside) who has ever been banned from these forums, I rather hope in the future you re-evaluate your online persona and start treating indie developers like human beings instead of your personal servants. But do it elsewhere, because I don't want to put up with you.

I'm going to lock this thread at this point. As the above message suggests, the circumstances that led to the banning happened over PM rather than on the forums.

People are entitled to their opinions and I do not ban people simply for expressing a negative opinion of the game, especially if it is done in a well-reasoned and civil manner. Xenonauts is not perfect and we're well aware of that.

However, I am not willing to tolerate personal abuse simply because I develop video games for a living, and nor do I see why I should have to.