[V8.61 Baseview] Extra scientists

V. 8.61 Base – I have an additional 20 (it’s coming up as 48/28) scientists that showed up after I finished my first research project. Upon reload, after project was completed it doubled the amount of scientists available for the next project, but the personnel count reads what it’s supposed to be.

I'm not quite sure how it happened in terms of everything else that would have been happening at the time, but I think I was either on the way to or flying back from a mission, and I had just finished completing the research on whatever the alien 'element' is. Alenium or something.

I think I have found two savegames of mine that could be useful to you.

In the first one, the number of scientists is correct.

In the second one, I have twice the number of scientists I should have.

Between the two saves, only a day has passed.

I completed a research project and started a second one.

[ATTACH]340[/ATTACH]

-----------------

By the way, I think you should improve save file naming.

1) It is not possible to easily find a specific save file in windows explorer. The ntfs file name does not match the Xenonauts save name from the file. A simple counter or index used as the beginning of the file name could really help. The same counter should be used in the save/load UI

2) In the save/load UI it could be useful to know if the save was created in Geoscape or Ground Combat. A simple column containing GS or GC could really help to distinguish the save files.

scientists bug.zip

scientists bug.zip

I've read that this bug was confirmed already. But please let me give my 2ct :>

Here is how I reproduce it:

Precondition: [Xenonauts V8.62] Start a new instance of Xenonauts (this is important!) and have a savegame with at least one available, not currently researched Research project ready, also have at least one unassigned scientist

1. Load that save game

2. Start the research project (lets use Alenium as concrete example)

3. Assign at least one scientist to Alenium

4. Load the previously loaded save game AGAIN (yes the previously game is unsaved and will be lost)

5. Start researching the project Alenium again

6. Observe that the number of already assigned scientists is exactly the same as in the previously unsaved game

7. Observe that the number of unassigned scientists is the correct number for that save game

8. Close Xenonauts and reload the savegame, everything works as expected

Conclusion:

a) When starting Xenonauts and loading a savegame, both the number of assigned scientists and unassigned scientists is correct.

b) When switching between game states by loading a savegame the number of assigned scientists is "remembered" for each project but should be changed by loading a savegame

Best regards

Robert

I have a save that reproduce this bug even after restarting the game.

It has no research started but when adding a new research (2 out of 3 available) it automatically gets 10 scientists.

So there are 20 scientists researching and 20 out of 20 unassigned (or 40 researching and 0/20 unassigned):

xeno2.jpg

My recollections of the events:

1) Finished combat mission and saved

2) Started 3 researches

3) Hired 10 more scientists

4) Assigned 10 scientists to first 2 projects each

5) Played some more, reloaded save from (1)

[ATTACH]377[/ATTACH]

Version 8.9. First time play.

xeno2.jpg

2012-01-26_23.23.28.zip

xeno2.thumb.jpg.5f875bd1b40dfedc0380c215

2012-01-26_23.23.28.zip