Simple XP Mod - toning down wierd powerlevelling

Ol' Stinky

This is a very basic mod. All it does it lower values so that's it's easier to get the skillups, essentially meaning that soldiers get xp by participating in the missions. No more backpacks full of lead weights, no more firing squads who you sabotage so that they miss the enemy. I can't change the nature of how the skillups are acquired, so you will need to have your soldiers fire at an enemy once to get an accuracy point, and trigger reaction fire to get the reaction point. To get the TU and STR levelups, you need to move a soldier all of one square.

To try and compensate for easier skillups, you can only get +1 accuracy, reflexes and strength per mission (down from +2).

It's meant (and tested for) v19 HF3.

Download.

(Sorry for the typo in the title. I can't edit it out.)

Edited by Ol' Stinky

Thanks. By the way, it works for v19 HF4.

If anyone wants to get this going in a different version - or if another mod they're using also uses GameConfig.xml - open up GameConfig.xml and alter the soldierDevelopment section so it reads something like this:

<soldierDevelopment> <!-- Soldiers develop their attributes by using them. Each time the soldier performs a certain action, he will gain a "progress point" in that attribute. Once he reaches the "pointsToProgress" value, the attribute will increase by one point. These progress points are cumulative and are stored from mission to mission. --><APProgress       pointsToProgress="1" maxPointsInSingleBattle="2" globalMaxProgress="120" comment="A progress point is earned every time a soldier spends a TU on a mission" /><strengthProgress pointsToProgress="1"  maxPointsInSingleBattle="1"  globalMaxProgress="100" strengthCoeff="1" comment="Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight" /><accuracyProgress pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="1"   globalMaxProgress="100" comment="Points are given when a soldier attempts to fire at a valid hostile enemy within weapon range * 1.5" /><reflexesProgress pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="1"    globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress point is gained when a soldier performs a Reaction Fire test (it doesn't matter whether he passes or fails it)" /><braveryProgress  pointsToProgress="1"   maxPointsInSingleBattle="2"    globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress point is earned whenever a soldier panics in battle" /><resilienceProgress pointsToProgress="4" globalMaxProgress="100" comment="A progress points is earned every time the soldier gets a skillup in any other attribute" /> </soldierDevelopment>

I wasn't joking when I called this basic, all I've done is change the values.

Yeah, most people who have read gameconfig would know this, just that isn't a lot of people

HOWEVER...

Thank you for reminding me to include it in the next release version (More an art and animation upgrade then a whole new version, aside from a recoil and experience experiment.)

Edited by WalrusJones

• 2 years later...