Introduction thread!

Chris

I expect many of you will already know each other from the pre-migration forums, but if you're a newbie who has made his way here then by all means please introduce yourself and let us know a bit about you.

I'll get the ball rolling - I'm Chris, the project lead for Xenonauts, and I'm based in London. I used to be an accountant, but I'm now working full time on Xenonauts. I started working on this game just over two years ago now when it was a labour of love, but I think by now it just counts as a labour...

Only joking, I'm actually quite enjoying this game development lark!

Dun, dun, dun... another forum bites the dust!

Man, you're going through forums like Duke Nukem Forever went through engines!

Anyway, hi! I'm me.

I'm hailing from Bavaria and have been a gamer since computers were big, mysterious, and scary devices... with 8-bit CPUs.

Also been doing some bits of modding over the years and am an all around nice and humble guy.

Most of the time.

Sometimes?

I, for one, welcome our new Goldhawkinteractive forums.

*overlords.

Also, yes, agreed!

Here here!

Whoop whoop and all that.

I'm Jecrell. I've been on the internet since I was five years old, so about 20 years.

I'm currently translating a novel from Japanese to English and going to University.

Also, I have childhood nostalgia for Xcom, which I still have (although just one of the floppies).

Edited by Jecrell
Forgot to introduce myself and all that

Hello fellow Xenonautians ... Xenonautiates ... Xenonautish ... Xenonautese ... or simply Xenonauts :)

I post therefore I am ... I game therefore I am ... I am ...

I'm a kiwi living in Aus, a husband, a dad, another on the way, and so on and so forth ... oh ... I am also overly fond of ... ellipses ...

Hello all! I am Todd from San Antonio, Texas, USA. I have been a gamer since the late '70's so I have been around a while and can relate to the time period for this game. I have been looking for quite a while for a game to do justice to the original X-com and this is the closest one I have seen by far. Also I want to say this has been the best forum in regards to civility that I have ever been a part of. It is quite refreshing to find one where people are not being so nasty to each other.

I wish you lots of luck in being successful with this game!

Hi folks, I'm new here.

I was reading through the backlog of Rock, Paper Shotgun RSS feed the other day and came upon their write-up about Xenonauts at the recent expo. I'd seen mention of it here and there, but never got around to really checking it out and pre-ordering. That write-up got me really psyched for it, though, so I headed right over to pre-order.

That was on the 7th. :eek:

So until pre-orders get back on track, I guess I'm technically but a window shopper, peering in longingly at the pre-orderers club. :P

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Unfortunately I found this after the preorders were cut off, so I'm just checking things out for now.

In real life I'm working on my doctorate so I won't likely comment too much on the forum, but X-COM was my favorite game as a kid and I can't miss the opportunity to play this.

Seeing as I never made a post in the introduction thread on the old forum I guess I should make one now ;)

Old time X-Com fan here, from Sweden and I spend WAY too much time in general playing games... I was also the person that made the reddit post that was a large part of messing up the previous website, sorry about that guys ;)