Little Mod V6

Sathra

I don't think its extremely efficient at ANY range, just short to medium range. Long range I notice the majority of my shots almost always miss. But I do think the AK is strong compared to other weapons, especially the M16. Larger magazine size, lower TU costs, FOUR round burst. I even prefer them over laser rifles, to some extent.

I noticed that captured aliens are destroyed, and dead aliens are sold. Meant to be, or it slipped?

Meant to be. Didn't want to give reasons to stun anything you find. I might add it, but at best they'll only be worth the same as corpses.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is already researched, then it would become a corpse pretty quickly (and then sold). :P

Do you know if the magazines, 'nades, and other freebies are not ready for production (missing assets)? Or was their removal a design decision to streamline the game?

Edited by 4Aces

I installed the mod V6 on the stable version with the mod installer, but I don't have the AK-47 which indicates that the mod is not installed although it said that it was successfully installed. What did I do wrong?

Also every mission is in the desert. This doesn't seem right, although my base is in North Africa.

How else can I tell if the mod is installed?

Edited by henri5

Henri - there is no installer for this mod. You have it confused with another, and mixing mods can be very tricky so make sure you are installing this onto a clean Vanilla version of Xenonauts (18.51hf3 - aka latest stable).

Download X6 again (from the first page here) and when you open the Zip file it will be full of loose files to copy over the originals (after you back them up of course :P).

As for disabling the Hidden Movement screen, just go into \assets\scripts

and open hiddenmove.lua with a text editor. Then change the following line (note: I added "Line 24:" at the front for easier location) from

Line 24: image = "gui/hiddenmove",

to

Line 24: image = "",

then save the file. Play, and enjoy! This simply removes the hidden movement screen, it does not make aliens suddenly visible that are not within your unit's LOS.

Well apparently the Steam mod installer does not work for this mod, although it says that it was installed correctly. Doing what you said seems to work so far, but I installed it to the wrong version, so I will have to redo it. Maybe the reason the Steam mod installer does not work properly is tht the zipped file for this mod actually has two folders with the same mod name one inside the other (or maybe an extra folder is created by the unzipper). Maybe I will try re-zipping the inside folder and see if the Steam mod installer can install that...

PS: I tried zipping the Assets folder and installing that, and the Steam mod installer said it installed successfully but it was not installed. So I dragged the assets folder over the one in Steam, and it seems to work (at least I can see the AK-47 in the soldier screen). Yeah, I should made a badkup of the Assets folder, but I can reinstall easily from Steam if I need to.

Edited by henri5

I am having a difficult time getting this mod to install. Every time I try to use the install mod tool it crashes the game launcher. I tried manually unpacking the zipped files and putting them in the mod folder and that didn't work either.

Edit: I also started new games when I tried.

Edited by Oran

I had to manually install the mod: backup the "assets" folder, then open the new assets folder and drag all the folders and files from the new assets folder into the old one, which will replace some files and add some new ones. Then go play.

I had to manually install the mod: backup the "assets" folder, then open the new assets folder and drag all the folders and files from the new assets folder into the old one, which will replace some files and add some new ones. Then go play.

Tried. It crashed when I tired to open the soldier equipment screen.

Make sure you install it over the stable version and not the beta, and start a new game and not a saved game. Try reinstalling the base game, check that you are not in the beta (using the properties button), and install the mod as described. It worked on two different computers for me. Making a backup of the whole assets folder can take a while, so if you want a backup you might want to backup only the files and folders that are modified, but OTOH it is not that long to reinstall the game if you want to revert and have the game on Steam.