Steam Keys - How To Claim!

Just want to thank you Chris for taking the time and going through the trouble to get us our keys and thus expediting the whole

process. I was worried if you left it up to Desura, I'd never see my key or the game on steam.

downloading it right now. This is so much better and faster for me to download with steam and I'm hoping some of the patches and updates can be managed through steam as well. "Check file integrity" should be helpful feature in making sure all the files are there.

It's neat seeing Xenonauts on steam congratulations and good luck!

I'm just a little worried about the ignoramuses trolling who have never played anything but the latest in the StarCrap series and games like Company of Heroes oh and COD.

"the graphics look like playstation 1" is what I read from some idiot in his post.

Edited by windex

Thanks everyone (not just Chris, the whole team; you guys are all awesome, basically).

One question, though:

v18 Stable will be released on Steam as PC/Mac/Linux versions, correct?

The Mac/Linux versions aren't ported over yet, so we'll have to wait for those, as far as I understand it.

My main question concerns the unstable v19 (or whatever) experimental builds, though. Will those be ported over, or would that simply take too much time? Probably the latter, I wouldn't think it'd be worth the effort to port a game that's being changed so quickly.

This leads me to my next question, and this is more of a question for anyone who can answer it, not just the developers: can I download a Windows game on Steam while running OS X, and then take that downloaded game and put it into a Wineskin? Or is Steam more closed than that?

Yay, Steam build is great!

Although I have a question. Apparently the game doesn't see the save games from Desura times. Is there something different between those versions? Usually a desura update did not break saves.

Update: Also, my first post! :D

@ xanoxt, I would guess the save files are located in different places. find the desura/xenonauts/saves files and copy them to steam/commonapps/xenonauts/saves or something similar.

OT: how do we opt-in to the experimental builds? Usually under properties there is a Betas tab you can look under and say yes to Betas but that tab doesn't exist for me. Is it just not enabled yet?

Just so you guys know, I believe (not sure, can't confirm) that you can currently buy a copy of Xenonauts on Steam. It's not widely announced, being an Early Access thing.

However, if you have friends who are interested, telling them "Go buy it on Steam" is now a possibility.

Spot the steam store typo !!

Most of the key features are already in place and the game can certainly be played in its current state, but it has a few rough edges like as inconsistent game balance, placeholder UI elements and the occasional missing art assets.

Spot the steam store typo !!

Well the same kind of typos are in half the xenopedia articles so we can expect it to be fixed by release =P

Also a lil bug report. After playing for about 3 hours the air battles started playing the Music twice at the same time giving it a noisy echo effect and the second battle where this happened resulted as it ended in a CTD.

• Chris unpinned this topic