Spectre Posting

Quartermaster

As I have working with the submap and level editors I have noticed that there are a number of pictures sets that do not have properly made spectres yet (barrels, warehouse doors, etc.). I have been thinking about setting the properties for the spectres on my own for some maps I have working on. Would it be helpful for the design team if I post some of the spectres as I set them up?

Yeah - it'd be good if you could split them into Fixed and New spectres though. Fixed ones being ones that already exist in the game but you've changed for whatever reason (and therefore could affect other maps) and new ones being completely newly created ones, rather than tweaks (which won't affect other maps).

Metal Warehouse Doors SW (FIXED)

Problem: Would not open and one door had fewer HPs at the default level than the other.

Fixed: Orientation of the 'open' state fixed to match the default state which makes the door able to be opened. HP of the door set to the same amount.

Corrected Specres:

Left Side of Door SW

Right Side of Door SW

Does this format work for you Chris?

• 2 weeks later...

So this is going to be a pretty big one. I went through the entire factory folder of the industrial tileset looking for inconsistencies and correcting them. One of the biggest things was ensuring that the damaged & destroyed states had consistent position corrections, sort points, and that the sounds made sense. I have ran it through a battle and it looks much better now. I fired a lot of rounds into the factory buildings and there appeared to be no errors. Unlike previously there does not seem to be any surprising changes in the positioning of objects when they are damaged. If you would like I can list all of the changes that I made to the spectres, but I made a lot of changes so it would take me a while to list them.

This is a combination of new and fixed spectres. I am also including the renamed images of the WorkDeskSW3 & WorkDeskSW4, because the actual images were NE oriented. The renamed images also now have a spectre. These two sets of images did not have a spectre previously so these can be considered new spectres.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this set of spectres as there are a lot of changes.

Download: Updated Industrial\Factory Spectres