New custom submaps

flashman

I'm fine with requests. Those are all good ideas.

Why thank you.

I'm just awkward with requests' date=' because then I feel obligated to do it myself since I officially want it. :P

In particular, any ideas about what other industrial buildings you'd want to see are welcome; I can only think of what's already around (power plants, factories, offices), construction sites, and maybe a mine(...)

These aren't bad paths to go, even if some of it was done already. I'm a sociologist, but I nonetheless worked in several factories as a process operator and they look very different depending on type: clean rooms are wide, bright and empty, while hi-tech assembly areas are crowded and maze-y, car assembly lines have these big structures you can see on TV, oil refineries have enormous tanks and hanging catwalks but otherwise plenty of open areas, chemical plants are similar but more claustrophobic, food plants that are also completely different etc. Plus there are at least two major geographic regions where manufacturing plants may look different. Therefore I don't think you should stop with making factories, only because there are some! :)

As for the mines, it's really cool that you started with an underground mine. However, there are also other types that look easier to do, like: quarry (simple, open space with some heavy machinery and perhaps an insurmountable wall at one end, if it's doable), oil field (whatever it actually looks like apart from the giant pumps), offshore oil platform (ultra-industrial, but rather open), strip mine. Back in the 70's, a significant percentage of humanity worked for industry of some kind, so I guess we could get a bit crazy here.

PS. I'm not even starting on other possible industrial locations, like various types of power plants. :P