Build V18.4 Released!

I've got my hands on a couple of unpackers a while ago while searching for a lost heritage of a playmate empire.

It may be a viable alternative for hosting two versions of the game, but i've yet to test them.

P.S.: Chris said that there is no need for such thing, but i'm still believe downloading a simple 60kB utility is easier than host and download a full copy of the game.

P.P.S.:

In my opinion a plugin folder indiscriminatly accepting packed or unpacked files would be the best option. If installing mods consists in replacing game files directly, modders will have to upload full archives just to modify a couple of sprites.

I'm sure someone said that the game will prefer unpacked files on loading, so there isn't any problems.

Edited by a333

the new UI will be implemented in V19 according to this thread: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4379-Beta%21?p=55438

The biggest one will be the new UI, which we may start to import in V19 as we've now completed 3 of the screens and are working on the fourth...but right now the current UI lets you play the game fine, so it's not holding back the balancing at all.

Hi, Chris - is it save game compatibel with the 18.32 build or do I need to get started over again?

Everything that I've read in the forums indicates that previous save games are NOT compatible with new versions. If and when this changes I would assume that it would be very clearly stated in the updates.

Zolo, look one post above yours. Literally. The post right before you answers your question.

No, it wont be compatible. Savegames aren't compatible between hotfixes, why would they be compatible between completely new versions? Especially with the new archival, which is likely to wreak havoc with old savegames.

7:00am and still drinking? This sounds like me!! lol

Earth is a globe. Desura server guy can honestly drink at 07:00pm by his local time.

If he manipulate servers remotely he can be in any time zone.

I personally know an admin of several Colorado (USA, UTC-06) servers who live in St.Petersburg, Russia, UTC+04.

May 2nd, we had several beers about 07:00am (his server clock) or 05:00pm (my clock)

Well.. I presume Desura gets paid for its services.. I have no idea how much, but I state it is too much, since they obviously don't care about their customers at all.

There should be another update mid-week, we are basicly at mid-week and we have not been able to even test the last build yet.

Um, guys? I kept jamming my credit card into the machine and now it's jammed in the SSD slot. Still nothing...

In all seriousness I just can't wait to get home tonight and give it a go. I waded through 4 crash sights with the invisible interior bug this weekend until I found out about the hot fixes. Amazing how effective blindly hosing the ship down with machine gun fire and converging grenades on the "suppressed" icon can be. xD

Heard 18.4 was on the way after I powered up my brain and headed to the forums and figured I'd just wait it out.

So anyway, do we have an ETA for Steam access? If this build is supposed to be "the one" for Steam then an ETA would be great. And feel free to keep it vague if you need to -- "This month," "next month," "a couple weeks" are all good enough for me.

Plus I bet I can get a friend to buy it once it hits Steam. So there'll be at least one new purchase for your wallet, Chris!

@brian.tani - "Some people said they were in Australia. Apparently May 6th is Labor Day"

Even so, they've still had an entire day to get it done, as its now almost 7 am Wednesday, May 8th there.

Must have been one heck of a party!

Edited by Omots