One map per week

Moxar

Those are the two main things I think needs improving. I suggest you slow down a bit on map making and take more time to improve and develop what you already have, polishing and giving a bit more "spirit". When taking a second look at something you normally find things you could improve/do better and didnt notice at the time you were busy creating it.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I think Moxar would love that someone made variations on his maps as the ones you propose.

Actualy, Chris told me that some of those maps could be included in the game, after some tweaking from him. I believe they are good enough as is, and though they will certainly be reworked a little bit by our Glourious Leader, I see no point in an intermediate update.

However, thanks for this feedback Lightgemini. I do take a second look on my maps before I release them, but I am not sure about the props. The first maps (mox_lightscout_xxx) were "too crawded" according to Chris, which is why I do not place as much props as I did before.

About "clean areas", it's on purpose. Some section are rich on covers, some are not. I try to keep a realistic battleground, which is why I can't have too much variation of ground tiles in some areas, unless there is more tile variation for the same layer.

Edited by Moxar

I just uploaded another map, middleeast medium 2

It seem's I'm finaly publishing one map per week, as my studies are in a rush now. I hope that I will bie able to be more productive next month.

I did not try v18.5, so I don't know if my maps are compatible. Has someone tested it ? Please report me any bug.

Moreover, I'd like to know if 18.5 is stable enough (like 18.3.2). If it is, I will release a unique 18.5 map pack instead of two 18.3.2 and 18.4...

Finaly, Chris told me he might included some of my babies in the last build. I did not check, so there might be clones.

@Chris: Did you include every map / take a glance at the full pack (25) ? if not, can you explain shortly why some have not been selected ? I'd like to resume my contribution, so I need your lead.

• 2 weeks later...

Mox - I did indeed check all of them. I forget why I didn't go with all of them though, I'm afraid. I think the Town ones I thought looked a bit unnatural. Not enough grass, not really enough cover etc. But I can't really remember. Let me know if you do some new maps and I'll have a look at them, maybe I'll have more to say on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

It's been a while. I'm in a rush for my studies, so I hardly manage to spend some time here. I see that the team keeps going, and that the community is still very active. That's good!

Thank you Chris. Since the Community Map Pack seems to run very well, I will now submit my maps there, so it'd be easier for you to pick the ones you like.

I just released my v18.5 mapPack. No new feature, but the names follow now the Community standards. Moreover, I still need to track the map Chris made native, to remove them from the pack.

I should be active again next week, as soon as my paper will be published. Farewell!

From my point of view, it would help if you'd separate out the "new" maps into a folder for me when you make new ones. Just means I don't have to sort through ones I've already seen!

EDIT - and good luck with your paper, too!

Thanks, both of you :)

I just proposed something in the community map thread, to make things easier for us, and for you.

Moreover, I reuploaded my pack. Some map were not properly named, so if you downloaded it before ... now (see time on the post), re-download it before using.

I just checked the map which are now included to the game, and updated the v18.5 zip. It now only contains maps which are not native to Xenonauts.

@Chris: I don't know which you did "scan" and which you didn't, so I suggest you re-scan this folder (14 maps left). My next submissions will be commited in a separated folder, easier for you to scan, so it's the last time you might have to double check my work.