Steam Early Access

That assumes the players most likely to complain are the ones who know what a beta really is.

Sadly most seem to believe that beta means finished game these days.

Could not agrea more. From my experiance people seem to think Beta is nothing more that a privlidge for better people to test a game before the common people get to go.

Chris and rest of the team: Congrats to be in Steam!!! I haven't check the forums the last two weeks and it has been a shock to open today my Steam account and see the game in the shop page. I love this project and I'm very happy to see the goals been reached. Regards.

hmms, just a quick question about the steam keys, got the key for desura when i pre-ordered approx 2 moths ago.. how or when will the steamkey be availeble for me? (sorry for the bad spelling lol)

Nevermind, saw it when i tried to launch it on desura,Thx for the response Chris! =) Really gr8 game!! :)

Edited by shuur78

Generally i think giving the soundtrack to guys that paid more is always a good idea, if that is not expansive for the game company. Don't know how it works with the law either. I would appreciate if you can buy the soundtrack also as extra if you didn't pay for the ElitePreorder. I often want to buy the soundtrack from a game but it isn't possible or ridicullus complicated which leads to the result that i have to look for alternative ways to get it, although i really want to pay something suitable directly to the developement/composition guys.

Well, once the game is out, i will sell the music with tunes not included in the game.

The original score will be included with a game purchase. So whoever wants to support the composer and have extra music in the same mood will be able to get that.

Edited by Aleksi

So great to finally have Xenonauts on Steam. Bye bye Desura! :)

The game froze during my first encounter right after I killed the last alien though, so will be waiting for the worst bugs to get ironed out before really starting to test it.

I think preorders should have exclusive access to helmets for their squad. If the plebs want helmets, let them pay for DLC.

On a serious note, big grats to Goldhawk on going on Steam. Been great watching you guys grow and progress over the years.

No, not helmets, hats. Goldhawk should sell dozens of hats that the squadmembers can wear. They would have no bonuses, they would just look cool. It's a very "Steam-like" thing to do. ;)

Aleksi, to clarify, the game will come with the Original Soundtrack, including all the music that is in the game, but there is more music you composed that won't be included because those tracks weren't included in the game, and you'll be selling those separately?

Personally, I'd sell them as a bonus disk in a bundle, so after I get the main Xenonauts soundtrack I can buy your bonus disk and have Xenonauts Disk 2 add on with minimal changes, if any (I use iTunes, if that makes my comment make more sense).

Anyway, regardless of how you sell them, I'm excited to support you, and to get more awesome music.

Thanks Aleksi!

Aleksi, to clarify, the game will come with the Original Soundtrack, including all the music that is in the game, but there is more music you composed that won't be included because those tracks weren't included in the game, and you'll be selling those separately?

Personally, I'd sell them as a bonus disk in a bundle, so after I get the main Xenonauts soundtrack I can buy your bonus disk and have Xenonauts Disk 2 add on with minimal changes, if any (I use iTunes, if that makes my comment make more sense).

Anyway, regardless of how you sell them, I'm excited to support you, and to get more awesome music.

Thanks Aleksi!

Hey GizmoGomez,

Yes, you are correct. Though we didn't talk with Chris yet about a bundle. I guess we'll see that once the game is launched. I didn't figure out the price yet for selling the soundtrack on my own, but it will be cheap. I still don't know how much music i'll put in yet. I'll look at all that once all the music is done. The best option would be to have the possibility of including the music in the game, so you can have more diversity. I will think of something. ;-)

Hey GizmoGomez,

Yes, you are correct. Though we didn't talk with Chris yet about a bundle. I guess we'll see that once the game is launched. I didn't figure out the price yet for selling the soundtrack on my own, but it will be cheap. I still don't know how much music i'll put in yet. I'll look at all that once all the music is done. The best option would be to have the possibility of including the music in the game, so you can have more diversity. I will think of something. ;-)

I would gladly pay a small fee for additional tracks in game.

Hello yus all,

Yust popped on to say I have my steam key and have activated the game on early access and you guys are doing a most spledid job so far, haven't put too many hours in yet just seeing whats available and whats new to me really, a big thumbs up from me in all areas of the game play so far.

Thanks Chris and all of Goldhawk for this it appeals so much more than the fraxis game, I am so glad I joined in so early.

Also supporting: Elite Dangerous and Arma III, nuts to morethegame(long story)

Big hello to all who reside on this forum especially those of whome know the armadillo way...

Hey GizmoGomez,

wow, you are the composer of the soundtrack? giant props man, it's one of the highlights of the game, it's absolutely perfect for the tone and pacing of the game.

/bow

wow, you are the composer of the soundtrack? giant props man, it's one of the highlights of the game, it's absolutely perfect for the tone and pacing of the game.

/bow

Thanks Knightpt, i'm glad you are enjoying the music! ;-)

Hey folks :) Nice thingy you have going here !

I pre-ordered and just used my steam key. How's the linux port coming ? I assume it's not done yet, as my SteamApps/Xenonauts folder is empty post installation ? Kinda irritating because it's listed as linux game already.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, anyone have success getting the latest betas from Steam on Linux? I downloaded the Desura version (and I'm having a blast playing it!) but I'd love to test the newer builds as well, especially as I'm reading about shields, grenade fixes and other goodies here on the forums :)

I entered the access code for betas and chose the Experimantal branch, but still no content gets downloaded. I tried removing and reinstalling the game, but no luck. Has anyone had more success?

Update: I checked Steam log files and they contain the following (app 223830 is Xenonauts as other lines from the same log file indicate, I presume 223833 is the experimental branch's ID? Or a typo in a config file causing the whole thing to fail in the first place?):

[2013-07-23 09:32:45] Scheduler update appID 223830: Priority First, legacy=no, restore=""[2013-07-23 09:32:45] AppID 223830 state changed : 0x00000102 = Update Required,Update Running,[2013-07-23 09:32:45] AppID 223830 state changed : 0x00010102 = Update Required,Update Running,Reconfiguring,[2013-07-23 09:32:45] Missing encrypted manifest section for depotID 223833[2013-07-23 09:32:45] Invalid manifest for depotID 223833, branch "Experimental", skipping depot

It then switches to the non-experimental branch and happily concludes that the game is installed (as the stable branch contains no files), providing no error message. Maybe you guys have an error in Steam's Linux manifest?