17.9 Desura version Ground texture problem

This is happening to me also in some of the new maps.. Desura version

EDIT: this issue is present on every single tileset, new and old..

ihDxy4VxsrwGu.jpg

i2IYvpfoHHC57.jpg

Also theres a few missions when I finish in my first turn because theres no aliens in the tileset

I am dowloading the standalone right now,

thanks

ihDxy4VxsrwGu.jpg

ihDxy4VxsrwGu.jpg

ihDxy4VxsrwGu.thumb.jpg.634e375eed6e5ba0

Edited by Übermensch

Try validating the files again. It's not a fundamental issue with the game or you wouldn't be able to see ANY of the ground tiles (you can see some of them around the Chinook), and my clean download isn't having this problem.

I think Desura has either not updated the ground file archive or the atlas texture images correctly, so it's trying to load "missing" tiles.

Yeah its happening across all the tilesets. Unfortunately the first encounter I had was 4 days in so I dont know if it would work prior to that but every encounter I had was having this problem.

Ill try validating the files and post if it works or not.

Edited by scmerc224

I have this problem too. Desura client, revalidated and still some of textures are missing. This is small graphic issue. Big issue is that ground mission have only one tour -> after mission, debrifing, 0$ !!!!!! and only 6 alloys. No cash, no training for squad :(. I can not I build new plane or armor ( now it must be produced, price 50000$ !!!) without money!!!. I have now 3-rd ground battle without cash. Only 1-st battle was correct (cash and new technologies do discover). All ground battles were after shoting down light UFO in Europe.

P.S. This issue, no cash and only 1 tour ground mission, is on railway map ( Europe, city with cargo railway station). No problem on snow land or coutry map.

Edited by radiorob

After load Autasave: Al units (player and NPC) are outside the map

Yes, and there is quick battle feature :):). One round and all alliens or soldiers dead. The new Xenonauts v17.9, are full of new "features" (we call it bugs). Chris, what have you done to us! ;) Please change te name of this game: Xenonauts -> bugnauts :);)

The same situation:

1) some tiles are empty

2) loading ground combat causes de-syncronisation between soldier position and soldier picture (game shows soldiers where they were when I saved, but when I try to select any solder game thinks he is in leftmost corner om map).

3) loading autosave of ground start causes error 100%

Desura version.

Total removing of game and re-install didn't help.

Separate threads for separate bugs, please. Create a new thread for the autosave problems.

On-topic again: for the white ground tiles, is anyone having any of the issues with the standalone rather than the Desura auto-updater problem?

Separate threads for separate bugs, please. Create a new thread for the autosave problems.

On-topic again: for the white ground tiles, is anyone having any of the issues with the standalone rather than the Desura auto-updater problem?

I also first used the Desura version and it happened there. I then downloaded the Standalone version and this bug does not seem to be present there.