Just downloaded it from Desura. It doesn't work. It asks me which version I want to play. I chose "Play". I see the Process in the task manager. After a few seconds it goes away. No error is displayed. End of story.

I tried again. The Desura client marked Xenonauts as "not ready" and installed something. This time after choosing "Play" there was an error message. Pretty nondescript. The next try showed the above mentioned behavior.

I played a few minutes this release (i did not played much before, i am waiting for beta) and there is a thing i am really missing for tactical ground combat: Why can i not throw a grenade where i want ? I want to throw one into a bush / shrubbery to destroy it and move through it (so i have not to move all the way around). But i just can throw it where someone is standing. Or i want to throw a grenade on a place nearby a alien (when i can not see the alien, but suppose one). But this seems also not to be possible. Will this feature be added in the final mission ? It would be really annoying if not (for me...) Or is there a chance to throw it where i want and i just did something wrong ?

Edited by MacGyverDTH

Loving the update.

Not sure if these are bugs:

-but in the farm tileset, I still sometimes get civilian shadows moving around with no sprite.

-I also have gotten the hidden movement lockup (but no crash, I have to force quit) a few times in the arctic and farm tileset.

-1280x1024 resolution still has overlapping text on the clipboard in main menu, and in the personnel screen.

Other than that. Starting to get really polished, and I tremble at future A.I. updates...because the aliens are really hard already--due to a tendency to play defensively and shoot pretty straight now.

You should be able to freely aim grenades wherever you want the same way you can with normal guns.

I started a new game and now it was working. But it was not possible to destroy the bushes with a grenade, i had to wald around them. I think it should be possible to destroy bushes with grenades.

Chris, what have you done to us! ;) Game is now unplayable. Now cash from ground battle ( not all battles, but about 50%). How can I advance in game and check all of its features without cash!!! The old-new standard armor in 17.9 must be build (cost: 50000$ for each). Alliens are deadly accurate, they running and shooting (shoot in motion) and hiting my soldiers. My, in static position are not so accurate! And saves in ground battle (very funny "feature").... see the bug forum.