Build V17.6 Released!

Same here. CTD after returning from the first mission. When the mission was completed the game showed the mission statistics. I pressed the space key. The Screen was black but for the top bar with the speed setting keys, the base, the crash site and the chopper. The chopper did not move, but a white circle returned to base. when it arrived the game crashed.

I reloaded the autosave of the beginning mission, played it through and did not have the same crash. When I tried to exit the game it did crash though. After reloading the savegame and trying to exit the game again (after the chopper had been back to base) it crashed again.

Downloaded via Desura

Edited by Myth

- the tank cannot move over packs of straw. I think It should when it can move over brick walls

- aliens now spawn and react better, nic AI job

- crash after farmland mission (first mission) when loading geoscape (MS Visual C++ runtime library - Runtime Error)

- the dropship space (inside base) shows one tank inside it and 9 of 10 free spots full (9 is right, but the 10 is not, there is no more real space)

And not to forget, I'm still experiencing the mouse problem as described in Hotfix for 17.52.

"After clicking Full Game in the launcher, my Windows mouse speed is being set to 100% instead of 50% what I am using. After Alt-Tabing I can reduce it manually and it is playable. (Windows 7, Razer Taipan). Closing the game returns my mouse settings to normal"

Awesome progress!

It's really starting to feel like a game for me now.

I'm able to pretty much play as long as I want (not just until a crash--which I haven't had yet)

I finally was able to try out some of the aerial formation splitting and evasive maneuvers that you need to take out the corvettes and cruisers--the first time i've really been able to get any value from interacting with the air combat (The scouts were just too easy to require much effort)

I also got to see the inside of my base in an invasion--very cool.

The only issues I've had are the known depth sorting issues with some of the terrain objects, and some really weird pathing in some of the less complete areas.

also, the previously reported issues with overlapping text on a 4:3 display

But other than that, it really seems to be coming together.

As far as balance goes...and I know it isn't at that point yet, but some beefier aircraft weapons earlier might help...

Very solid update!

I get random crashes in my first mission, and failure to re-load the geoscape after the first mission.

I have used the desura auto update.

The game is looking and feeling great though. Makes not being able to play it more frustrating too.

As a side note, it seems I can no longer hit print screen to take a screen shot to help with bug reporting.

Question - are the crashes coming in both the standalone and the Desura auto-updater version? If it's just the auto-updater version then it may be an issue with the archiving solution we're using...but if it's both then it's an actual problem with the code.

I love it when I take a look at the changelist and the descriptions reads... FIXED: STUFF <--- ROFL

Way to go Goldhawk, this is the only one game I don't want dev's to rush updates. This game is bound to be legendary :D btw... I better see the Canary Islands on the geomap in this update or there will be blood :D

Question - are the crashes coming in both the standalone and the Desura auto-updater version? If it's just the auto-updater version then it may be an issue with the archiving solution we're using...but if it's both then it's an actual problem with the code.

Chris,

I have had lockups during "Hidden Movement" in my first mission on both the Desura updated and the standalone version, so I don't believe all of the issues relate to the distribution method unfortunately.

I have lockups durning "Hidden Movement" too. 3-4 times. The game stops ( and must be restarted manually) when the alliens or civilians made their moves. Maps, all : city, farmland, iceland. Mayby the same issue as in old version ( ?? i don`t remember number), when someone tried to jump over the fence.(?). In version 17.2 (?) jumping was removed and game never lockup in "H.M."

I have been able to play several missions on a couple of starts with only minor bugs. The most annoying one i found is the rendering order one where things seem to go invisible if they share a tile or are very close together. I know I say this in most of my feed back posts, but it is very important to me and will make or break the game for me. The game needs GREAT AI, and personally i don't think enemy turn length should even be considered a factor. The player gets an unlimited amount of time. I don't mean waiting ages for the computer, but with modern hardware I don't think it should be considered in the design process. The AI is at least moving the enemy and making them shot at you now. I have read GJ's response and plan in another post and it sounds pretty solid. I am excited to see what comes of it. Overall A+ update thank you!

I haven't encountered nothing major....mostly a few annoying bugs like:

- invisible civilians

- rendering order mixups (so the wall is rendered over my soldeir and I only see legs, or black patches or "ceeling" appearing)

- not being able to "see" inside houses even if my soldiers are looking trough windows at the aliens in question. I have to hover my cursor over the house untill it changes into the aiming one. I don't even know what I'm shooting at.

NOT BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER SOLDIERS FROM BASE TO BASE.