Farm stuff

Raakku

As I don't know if water is going to be added at some point this river is just unpassable, undestroyable tiles.

Don't think there will be another type of water in the game. To make water walkable, if we don't talk about jesus type waterwalking, need to make special unit sprites or masked transparency for units, don't think they will do the first, because water is not very important thing in game, or could to do the second.

At least I can't imagine another way to make this appropriate, (well, there are some ways but they far from good and didn't work well) especialy if we talk about animated water.

And really like your bridge sprites, nice and very neat work

Edited by zzz1010

First off, it looks good!

Quick questions - can xenonauts/alien move through cornfields too?

I would also like to know, is it (technically) possible to also mod in destroyed cornfields - so that explosions, hunter movement, lead to cleared areas? I guess part of this answer is that a second burnt/destroyed tile could replace this. What I don't know about is whether the xenonaut game mechanics makes providing destroyed/undestroyed tiles an option for map mods - anyone know?

First off, it looks good!

Quick questions - can xenonauts/alien move through cornfields too?

I would also like to know, is it (technically) possible to also mod in destroyed cornfields - so that explosions, hunter movement, lead to cleared areas? I guess part of this answer is that a second burnt/destroyed tile could replace this. What I don't know about is whether the xenonaut game mechanics makes providing destroyed/undestroyed tiles an option for map mods - anyone know?

why shouldn't it? there are normal, damaged and destroyed (or is destroyed just an empty floortile?) tiles for the official map objects. why shouldn't it be possible for the modded objects?

or am I misunderstanding you somehow?

Each state of the object has its own hit point value.

When that value is exceeded the game switches to the next state.

You set individual images for each state so you can have an object look pristine for the default stage, add some scorch marks for the damaged state and either disappear or become a smoking wreck for the destroyed stage.

Each state also has its attributes set individually.

That means a wall can be impassable when intact, vaultable once you blow the top half off, then when it falls down into rubble you could just walk through the gap.

Nice. Realy. But train windows is non trasparent, I mean soldiers can't see through it, I think they must. And when I broke it - adjacent tile become unpassable( *I see, You forgot to add orientation to damaged state ). And I also think it can be little more playable if make it 4 tile wide, i feel too tight inside, but, yes, it would break proportions and it's little late.

Thanks for noticing the problems with windows, I had completely missed them. I had tought that the "window" -option would overrule the visibilityscore and make them automatically transparent. I fixed them to the .zip and uploaded it again.

You're propably right with the size, I made it that small only so it would'n look too big next to a car.

Yes, this scale is good, if make it bigger it will less fit. Well, I just remove some chairs.

And about visibility score, as far as I know it's not work like you think(I has same

errancy) - it's just boolean switch (100-yes) /( less then 100 - no), Yes, it will be much better if this actually was multiplier to visibility range, but it's not

There also some mess with traincar_end_door_NE, don't know is it intended but it have 0 path score for open and default but 1 for damaged. If it is not passable then maybe remove open state or make it passable while open.

Edited by zzz1010

Yeah, there was some problem with one door who didn't look like open even when it opened but it was because two doors were placed on same tile (one SW and one NE). I think the path score doesn't affect doors default or open state, meaning that you can always walk thru door. Might be bug. As I understood, the visibility is boolean, but it works (0=no)/(more than 0=yes). Maybe they're going to add the support for varying visibility range because some of the default windows had visibilities other than 0 or 100.

but it works (0=no)/(more than 0=yes).

No, it work as I say. Yes>=100>No. Test it more precise.

Wiki says it's yes>=1>no, but this confusion is because in level file it's stored divided by 100, I mean 100 in editor is 1 in file (50 is 0.5)(well, it it makes sense so far as it's precents, but can be misunderstood). I don't know is they want to change it but for now nothing exept 100 or 0 is not matter. it's can be just mistake, there lot of them.

Edited by zzz1010

• 1 year later...