Master Bug Thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to put myself into this thread, but i just wanted to point something out.

I am trying to read the main post and you have assigned different colors for different status, which is not bad for everyone (except for me)

I am color blind, so the red and the green color are almost impossible for me to differentiate i have to literally stare really hard in order to see the difference. Is it possible that you just a little the colors, for everyone it will make no difference but for me it will mean a lot.

Thank you.

Hi.

I have played Xenonauts since yesterday, approx 5 hours total. Here are the bugs I have noticed:

00 - Crashes without error

- 2 times

01 - Does not respond - Ground Comat; hidden movment

- 3 times

- 1 time: placed Hunter in front of door of building where alien went into, game locked

02 - error with soldiers load

- on first mission soldiers was loaded with max weight; on start on second mission soldiers are overloaded (

Clip0001.jpg

), when weapon are removed and placed in hand again, soldier does not have weight overload (

Clip0002.jpg

).

03 - progress of soldiers is not saved (kills and mission are still 0 after several missions)

04 - no progress of research after all alien technology are finished (are reported from others)

05 - Hunter destroyed in mission, After mission Hunter is revived to full health. On 3rd mission Hunter is removed from game.

- 3 times

07 - Air combat;

- pressed fastest forward; got "echoed" music and Global view was visible (in background)

Clip0008.jpg

08 - Base view; Store

- when selling from stores, it always take 1 more item than set -

Clip0006.jpg

Clip0007.jpg

09 - Ground Combat

- 1 time

- Dead Alien change sprite to Idle Alien

--O--

Clip0001.jpg

Clip0002.jpg

Clip0008.jpg

Clip0006.jpg

Clip0007.jpg

Clip0001.thumb.jpg.74aa51ddbb4af0f3d77f9

Clip0002.thumb.jpg.f905a601ab411ece0180f

Clip0008.thumb.jpg.ab4cc6b2a4ced303387c6

Clip0006.thumb.jpg.4d98746b5b10319be53f9

Clip0007.thumb.jpg.df4d36633916423c8c106

Telling us that your game crashed without telling what you were doing at the time doesnt help all that much.

when your soldiers didnt gain any experiance.. were you playing in debug mode? if not were this the unassigned soldiers or the ones assigned to the chinook?

Telling us that your game crashed without telling what you were doing at the time doesnt help all that much.

when your soldiers didnt gain any experiance.. were you playing in debug mode? if not were this the unassigned soldiers or the ones assigned to the chinook?

I am not able to start the game in debug mode - another bug ;)

The bug is for all soldiers ->

Clip0004.jpg

Clip0004.jpg

Clip0004.jpg.4e346f99625ce439e01ae1bc352

EDIT: Reported in a new thread here instead. Is there a forum feature to collapse the below into a spoiler block or the like? I couldn't find it.

Overall, very very cool. Captures the X-Com feel quite well. Here's a few issues I encountered along the way.

1. Research Screen, Weaponry category is mispelled "Weaponary" (extra 'a')
  2. Weapon AP reservation setting not remembered across turns (causes extra micro at least IMHO)
    - Same for auto vs. snap shot
    - Ideally, you could set a default per soldier; then the tactical battle would remember whatever it's been changed to last for the duration of a battle.
  3. Weapon AP reservation kicks in even if the requested action is to fire a shot (should only prevent movement/inventory - again, IMHO)
  4. Not 100% sure, but seemed like weapon AP reservation was showing reserve when actually not, on a turn where the soldier was not panic'ed but had panic'ed the previous turn.
  5. Not sure if intended or not: An alien was facing away from my LZ; I shot and missed; when a second soldier got a bit closer the alien spun 180 and fired. I was expecting reaction fire only; not turning to that degree as well (45 might be ok, but 180?).
  6. Jackal Combat armor seems to be slightly color-shifted while the heal animation is playing.
  7. I've yet to NOT kill early-game aliens with a single burst from the Machine Gun. Even with a low (~14%) chance to hit. Not sure this much power is adequately balanced by the weight, but granted I haven't gotten very far into the campaign.
  8. I couldn't find the last enemy on a mission; I pulled all my units back to the Chinook but couldn't figure out how to dust off...?
  9. I could click on the hidden movement screen and hear the mouse click as if it was my turn.
  10. First Corvette ground battle, the game stopped responding at the first hidden movement phase. Music kept playing, clicking the mouse made the normal little click as if it was my turn, but I couldn't escape out or anything; had to close the app.
Edited by Xentax
Requested to report in a separate thread instead.

Xentax this threads initial purpose is for Sathra and Chris to list bugs not to report ones you come across.

As blackobsidian says a few posts up try to post individual topics for each bug in the manner everyone else is doing in this forum. it helps the Matthew (the lead game tester) to track the bugs properly. Preferebly search the forum and post the bug in the already existing thread if there is one. Otherwise make your own thread.

A few of the ones you've reported are already in the list on the first page (or at the very least been reported as its own topic)

3) is not a bug. You're reserving the AP to be able to reaction fire during the aliens turn. If you want to use up the last of your AP on a shot during your turn you will have to turn off the reserve.

5) is because Alien AI hasn't been implemented properly. Alien behaviour is currently a placeholder.

8) There is a workaround in there being another victory condition to end a mission. Simply place soldiers in all (2 for scouts) compartments of the alien ship and hold the ship for 5 turns.

I don't mind starting a separate thread. I noted lots of other bug reports in this thread so I figured it was a good place to start.

Pro tip: When some people have lots of time and lots of people have very little time, it's actually A Good Thing for the limited-time folks to have a quick place to report issues, and folks with more time can filter/moderate/direct it. Just a thought. Searching the forum to see if a bug's already been reported is too much friction to expect of every one and every bug (I usually look for high-severity bugs only and none of these qualify except perhaps #10.

I can live with #3 (ideally there'd be an advanced gameplay setting somewhere, but it's hardly Pri 1).

Thanks for the workaround. I noted the 'hold for x turns' in the description but didn't make the connection of having my units in the ship; I thought that was just mission-speak for 'control the map'.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name=Sathra

- In-progress and unstarted research progress not kept when loading game in new session. Completed research reset to be researchable again.

this is reported as green in this thread.

it is still being reported as not fixed in the bug report thread.

Edited by NoIdidnt

• 1 month later...

Janprusak V10 bugs part1

- after loading a game the bases icons in the op don't show the actual bases icons, they are blank. (picture 1) After a building finishing construction there, the base gets its pictura again

- after loading a game, the fund change expectations are reset

- after my interceptor has been destroyed, the UFO is still there but there is no icon and i cannot target it with another plane (picture 2)

- the animation of hopping over a fence only works fine if hopping towards the camera

- citizens are often spinning on place during hidden movement

- still having some problems with aliens near UFOs (picture 3 and 4)

- bat ground texture in corvette, I suppose (picture 3 and 4)

- why does walking into smoke making the soldier stop and playing the injured sound?

- a crouching soldier being dealt a lethal hit stands up and then dies. He should die crouching

- picture 5 - text doesn't fit page (27" monitor 2560*1440)

Janprusak V10 bugs part2

- picture 6 - the number should be also able to put in with a keyboard (waiting for say 250 units takes a lot of time), item picture and description is incomplete for most items (I suppose, it is incomplete and not a bug)

- time between hiring people/buying aircraft ant their availability should be non-zero.

- there should be some way of adding/removing planes from fleets

- picture 7 some graphical issue not seeing the small fighter UFO

- after refusing to assist in a terror of a city situation, the relationship with the countries seem not to change

- picture 8 - text cannot fit on page, no option of scrolling

- picture 9 - I don't see the cost of alenium when making alenium weapons

Pictures in original thread http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/1656-Build-V10-Released-(Kickstarter-Press-Build)!?p=18746#post18746

• 5 weeks later...

V10 - Ground Combat - Barricades and leg sprites

I started playing today and noticed that soldiers leaping over those concrete barricades "land" back on the original tile before proceeding along their path. It looks jagged and less than polished.

I also saw that, in between turns, civilians running "behind" a barricade still have their legs displayed as though they were standing "in front." Its like the barricade is momentarily transparent. Not sure if this also happens to your squad or aliens or military police.

Apologies for the excessive scarequotes and if these things have been reported/addressed already. Go team!

Grabthar please make a new thread instead of posting in the master bug thread. It's unrelated to the master bug thread and makes it harder to track the bug. As gauddlike says in the top post of this page please read: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/741-The-Bug-Reporting-Process-%2A%28Updated-17-Jan-2012%29%2A

Also have you searched for the bug? You could probably find earlier reports of it if you included "vaulting" in your search paramiters.

• 2 weeks later...