How to capture an alien ship!

yomled

I have tried to beat a mission by hold the spaceship for 5 turns but it doesn't seem to work. I was wondering am I doing it wrong, is it a bug or is it just not in the game yet. How I'm doing it is I just stand in the spaceship and wait for 5 turns, but it doesn't work!

securing a UFO is simply an alternative victory condition if you can't be bothered to hunt down the last alien. You capture the ship even if you win by killing all the aliens.

Right now aliens can spawn inside the UFO walls (a bugg) which pose a problem as there can't be any hostiles in the ship when your xenonaut secures it (or it doesn't count)

Alternatively you may have not placed one soldier in each compartment of the ship. On the scout there are 2 areas you need to secure with 1 xenonaut each at the same time.

Vivisector is wrong afaik.

It's possible to shoot the aliens who spawn in walls, but it's kind of a hassle to find the exact tile they're on. Then again, they apparently can't shoot you back, so it kinda evens out.

I could have sworn I once had a soldier in a UFO for at least 5 turns (when I was trying this out) and the mission never ended. And I thought I read other comments on here saying the capture victory wasn't enabled yet. That was a few builds ago, admittedly. Maybe I just need to try again...