Hypervelocity is great.

Belmakor

Happned to me, or sorta. My sniper hits and kills the scout of my team and the round carries on to wound a Ceasan! At least, that's how I remember it... Could be me trying to justify my sergeant acting terrible, shooting wounded soldiers like dogs and all.

Well, the governments of the world are already willing to detonate a nuke if a terror site goes wrong, establishing that the annihilation of a few alien scumbags is worth a far greater number of civilian lives (not to mention enough collateral damage to make Michael Bay's shriveled pecker stand at full mast).

Your sniper was clearly just following their lead. Sure, a dead scout is a bummer, but the agency is only out some pocket change while the world's armies cough up a replacement. That alien, on the other hand, is a cancer that will kill off the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE if it can! Suffer not the xeno to live! Attrition FTW!

Happned to me, or sorta. My sniper hits and kills the scout of my team and the round carries on to wound a Ceasan! At least, that's how I remember it... Could be me trying to justify my sergeant acting terrible, shooting wounded soldiers like dogs and all.

Sounds like my very first Sergeant Jozef 'achoo' Havel. 6 Missions with exactly 2 wounded xenonauts. Both shot by him. Due to a like 30° deviation from designated target. Well they got awarded the "Crimson Heart" which increases their bravery.. guess getting shot in the back by your superior kind-a does that to a soldier. I wouldn't know.. fortunately..

On account of that hypervelocity thingy.. I just penetrated 2 Sebilians with an Ap Rocket during a Landed Corvette Mission. Then the game merrily decided to crash the instant I clicked the last 95% snipe on the last alien:eek:

Going to bed now got some crying myself into sleep to do :P

I love the hell out of this, every time I see a round penetrate an alien it just feels awesome. I'm never worried about hitting my own men, my strategy is always to spread out in a "sweep the grid" fashion with men operating in teams of two. If a team sees more hostiles then they can engage themselves, I bunker them down and flank from a side, but I haven't had any crossfire risks yet.

What I really like about this hypervelocity is when I know there is an alien inside the wreck, and I set up my LMG gunners and just spray the wreck from the outside. The bullets don't seem to always penetrate the hull, but enough of them do that I end up killing the alien (and sometimes his unseen buddy).

To me, this is absolutely great. I feel like after all the abuse we've taken from the alien scum, it's nice to be on the right side of a Bonnie and Clyde ending. More dakka dakka!