[V14 - Ground Combat] - Endless mission, can't find last alien

Normal game mode, early crash site (#4 or #5 I think). I arrived at the scene, literally searched every tile. I even went to the top floor of the two barns on the map!!

I found the crashed UFO with 2 dead reptilians inside, stayed in the UFO with 3 soldiers for 10 turns, while having the others run around along with the Tank, but still nothing.

I went back to the dropship, aborted the mission and got a "Poor - 0" evaluation, with 1 Alien Escaped in the report!

Is the "Secure the UFO for 5 turns" condition bugged? And where was that alien scum????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

A good trick to find out if an alien is inside the walls of the UFO is to throw smoke grenades at it, it has a pretty big radius and isn't affected by walls. If the alien is in there it will make an injured noise and fall unconsious in the next turn or two, just remember to throw another smoke grenade if the smoke dissipates.

Question: Is there, or will there be, a place to document these sorts of map/submap glitches? I'm guessing that a lot of these are caused by minor issues with individual submaps (e.g. things that look impassible actually being passable) and exacerbated by the fact that the new AI is smart enough to exploit these bugs.

Question: Is there, or will there be, a place to document these sorts of map/submap glitches? I'm guessing that a lot of these are caused by minor issues with individual submaps (e.g. things that look impassible actually being passable) and exacerbated by the fact that the new AI is smart enough to exploit these bugs.

I've go a few of those.

-alien walks into a shelf/crate/van/staircase to hide from xenonauts while wounded.

-xenonaut can walk through parked van.

-alien stuck inside console of ufo

-alien stuck inside wing of ufo

-alien stuck inside circuit box thing in factory

-alien stuck inside big oil drum (the exploding one that takes up multiple tiles)

-alien stuck inside nose section of Chinook (that one was a wtf moment. no way he spawned there, so how did he get in?)

it's as if the aliens don't have proper colision detection or something.

is there meant to be cloaked/invisible aliens?

it still showed up on the LOS icon but there was no model just a slight shadow on the tile. i alt tab to take a video of it and the game crashes :-P

these other hidden aliens are always very easy to find and predict, you just need to position 1 guy to view it hiding in the spaceship wall and the others can blast it quite easily. happens just about everytime in the same 2 spots

Edited by kruxed

there are, none of which are for this version. the master thread is stickied but never updated and some of these bugs seem to of been around for months. its hard to tell whats known, what isnt, what is being worked on and what has been "fixed" but not fixed. there should be a thread of known issues for each version etc