Pilots in transport craft

Welcome Peirceg!

But surely, the last resort is the 'get the frack out of Dodge option'?? I would much prefer my pilot/s to stay with the transport/evac craft, in case I have to beat a hasty retreat in the facing overwhelming Alien numbers/firepower, rather than potentially risk my pilot/s to ground combat risks and end up with no evac options at all..... Not to mention, pilots aren't going to be trained or even geared up for ground combat ops....

From a gameplay/programming perspective, I think the current implementation is just fine, and I would not want any changes; the work involved can be far better spent on other more important aspects.

Oh well guess so! I guess certain soldiers could just get a (pilot) next to their name - and you got to include one of these guys in the transport on the way there a bad mechanic? Or we could just assume they are all flying drone transports! :) [which isnt to hard to imagine really :P]

Officers with an influence radius a good idea? or has it been mentioned anywhere else already?

Officers with an influence radius a good idea? or has it been mentioned anywhere else already?

Higher ranks already (or it's planned at least) influence the morale of nearby lower ranked soldiers. It's quite important to have a few experienced troops among your rookies otherwise this happens:

34rhjqs.jpg

Or start from here for even more carnage:

Edited by Jean-Luc