201 levels for the alpha

Orumo

Hi people,

I'm back from holidays, returned to work (sad) and to the xenonauts level generator (fun). Updated maps for v14 due to the changes in the industrial submaps, I will try to add the new ones in the coming days to have more variety, so expect an update soon. Also, I have removed the large parking lots in these maps to make them more "intimate".

Hope you like them, thanks to Goldhawk to make the submap names more useful and enjoy Xenonauts and the X-com videos from PAX (Wow).

First of all thank you for your contribution! I was rather bored playing the same maps over and over again!

Is it just me or is everyone downloading the "Industrial 13.2" version instead of the "Farm" maps?

I just played 2 missions on the Full Game [14.1]. The first one was amazing, since it was a total new battleground!

The second mission, was also a new one, but I had the classic problem of the alien spawning inside the UFO walls and couldn't do anything about it! But while I was scouting the whole map, just in case I run into the scum, I noticed that although I pressed TAB to raise the level and get to the second floor of a store room, I found out that there was no second floor!! Am I doing something wrong or your map generator cannot draw upper levels?

Edited by stokoss
Forgot to say thanks!!!

And another thing I would like to ask. The fact that the area around the dropship gets blacked out with Fog of War after my troops leave the vicinity, is intended by the maps you created or is it from the Xenonauts engine?

Either way, I think it should be left illuminated (if possible) throughout the mission, since the pilots are still in the chopper!

:)

First of all thank you for your contribution! I was rather bored playing the same maps over and over again!

Is it just me or is everyone downloading the "Industrial 13.2" version instead of the "Farm" maps?

I just played 2 missions on the Full Game [14.1]. The first one was amazing, since it was a total new battleground!

The second mission, was also a new one, but I had the classic problem of the alien spawning inside the UFO walls and couldn't do anything about it! But while I was scouting the whole map, just in case I run into the scum, I noticed that although I pressed TAB to raise the level and get to the second floor of a store room, I found out that there was no second floor!! Am I doing something wrong or your map generator cannot draw upper levels?

First of all, thanks to post about the maps. I've corrected the links (Farm were Ind v14, and Ind the old ones). About the alien placement, its all about the game not the maps, and with the missing second floor I suppose it's related to the submap.

My generator place submaps randomly so if there is something wrong with them, will be there ;)

The fact that whenever I play one of your random maps, the crashed UFO is never on fire, you think is by coincidence?

When you shoot down an UFO and it receives severe damage, usually it appears on fire, just check the text before the mission. If you open one of my maps (or one of the default ones) via notepad you can see that there is no parameter controlling this kind of things.

Can we use your maps also for Terror Missions, like the process mentioned in this thread??

Sorry for the constant questions, but I really enjoyed the flavor your maps added to the Alpha gaming experience!!!!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I'm glad to know that people are enjoying my maps. Regarding terror missions I haven't made any town map yet, maybe this tileset will be the next to be included in the generator, when this occurs I will see if they work correctly inside the main campaign.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...