Mac bug reports

OK, V14 is now available from desura.

Not on a Mac, right now. Just checked.

I'm a standard preorderer and unable to download any mac build.

Is the sync problem Chris mentioned causing this?

If I go to http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/download it states:

I'm properly logged in. Could another standard preorderer confirm this?

I'm moderately certain that the developers of Xenonauts have uploaded Mac v14 to Desura, but Desura hasn't gotten around to making it available for download yet. This may or may not have been the case for a number of days now, plus there may or may not have been some trouble with uploading it.

Theoretically, you should be able to be notified via email when things change on Desura by clicking the "Track this game" button, but that has yet to work for me, I just check the page daily.

It is there, I just double checked. I was able to download from desura and run it.

Its possible this is only an issue for standard pre orders. Maybe upgrade? ;)

I paid for the Standard pre-order. If that means I don't get to test v14 until way later than the Premium pre-orders, that's kind of fucked up. I wish I'd been told that when I put down my $20.

Still only window-mode. This makes playing tactical no fun at all (scrolling is a pain in the a**).

Work-around is to set your screen resolution to something slightly lower every time you load the game. Not perfect but it works. I'm on a 28" monitor (yeah, that was a dumb idea), so done it a few times for other games.

Fullscreen is working for me. Do you not get the button or does the button just not work?

Any more information on not being able to save? It has been working fine for me.

Only one known issue:

TU drawn during ground combat overwrites itself (engine bug)

Fullscreen is working for me. Do you not get the button or does the button just not work?

Any more information on not being able to save? It has been working fine for me.

Only one known issue:

TU drawn during ground combat overwrites itself (engine bug)

No button. Unless I don't know where to look.

Was able to see an auto-save. Maybe it's not possible to save prior to something significant happening?

EDIT: Completed first tactical mission. Controlling 12 soldiers ...incredibly tedious trying to find one dude. But I guess the original was like that too - which reminded me why I never brought more than 5 or 6 dudes along.

Couldn't see the shots coming back at me in alien reaction fire.

Plane icons on Geoscape still seem a bit overly large to me.

Selecting Reserve Fire needs a toggle key shortcut.

Edited by Oathbreaker

No fullscreen in top right or anywhere else.

Graphical glitch: Cement barricades over-write soldiers on the ground - doors as well sometimes.

No easy way to rotate soldier's facing, unless I'm missing something. Should just be right-clicking on the ground, right?

You can bring up a menu by pressing Esc. But you can't close any menu by pressing Esc. Moderately irritating when you're trying to close a window like a new Research or the Tactical Mission end screen.

No easy way to toggle Reaction Fire.

Right-clicking on a target appears to have no effect.

Medkits appear to have no effect, or very little? Utilizes the grenade-throwing animation. Are they just supposed to stop wounds, or actually heal hp like the target reticule seems to imply? Shooting crosshairs for medkit application seems a bit ...morbid.

No way - that I can tell - to open doors without moving through the opening at the same time.

No clear way to see if a person has LOS to an alien. I thought I did, so fired a rocket launcher over a crouching soldier in the side exit from the Chinook. Apparently I did not. BOOM.

If you attempt to throw a light stick at an alien you get switched to shooting mode - so you have to be real careful and not mouse over an alien while trying to throw a light-stick. Pain.

Geoscape icons for aircraft are way too big, click boxes for cities are also too big. Can't re-direct aircraft by clicking on the new target, you have to go through only ONE of the three "Intercept" options windows. You should be able to redirect a squadron by clicking on the new target, by clicking on the squadron, or by clicking the "Intercept" menu.

As soon as a UFO pops up, it's immediately hidden by the pop-up window. It's a bit annoying to not know where the damn thing is unless you click something.

Near impossible to situate a base on the Island of Hispaniola (a.k.a. Haiti/Dominican Republic), even though it's more-or-less clearly designated as "land" in the Geoscape engine.

Can't zoom out in the tactical window?

"Items ordered for base Fortress Terra has been arrived." - Should read "...have arrived."

Redirected a Chinook after a successful tactical mission, on landing at site #2 I'm greeted with ...a shield equipped? WEIRD.

http://i.imgur.com/s3rFXl.png - can't figure out how to make a clickable thumbnail on these forums, so there's a link instead of a large image.

http://i.imgur.com/MAClIl.jpg

UPDATE: I think this has something to do with me losing two soldiers in the first raid. They're back to life, minus weapons, plus a shield, but still with light sticks.

Roll aircraft left or right (default buttons Q and E) doesn't seem to work. I'm ok with just not having left/right as a feature - it really should be random as in a real dogfight you'd just fly on instinct and not always make the right move, then have to adjust imho. Then again - I'm not a flyboy. I just pick up the pieces from the bottom of the ocean after they crash. FLY NAVY - DIVERS NEED THE WORK.

Mission Successful screen says "Items Recovered" and at the bottom of that pane it says "Total Sales" - umm, why am I immediately selling stuff - or do you rather mean "total item value" - i.e., potential sales?

Stairs are currently hopelessly buggy graphically. I'm getting the feeling that this is a very ambitious project that needs to cut some features while the kinks get worked out.

CTD after firing on some dude behind a cement barrier. Last auto-save was apparently a looooong time ago, as in several missions ago.

Edited by Oathbreaker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. CTD trying to load previous version saved game. No surprise there and should generally be expected moving from version to version, I guess.

2. Invisible civilians/friendly soldiers walking around with shadows showing. Friendly soldiers' weapons seem to blink in and out of existence.

3. Units walking straight through walls of Quonset huts on desert maps.

4. I finally figured out that Ctrl-click changes the shot from snap/normal/aimed - but is there an easy way to switch to burst from single shot?

5. Game is very 'clicky' - Esc still doesn't close out of many pop-up windows. Selecting a fighter jet in the right-side pane during aerial combat doesn't mean it's selected in the battlespace, you still have to click the little fighter icon there. Research popup window you have to get the mouse cursor all the way down in the bottom to click a button. Esc key won't get you past that window. User-friendly it's not.

6. Early game aliens seem VERY underpowered, or maybe that's an AI thing. I have yet to take damage other than from friendly fire, and my tactics consist of running at max speed to bum rush everything.

7. The game doesn't seem to handle elevation changes very intuitively. Can't make a soldier jump out through a second story opening. Can't select a ground-level soldier if I have the map elevation set to display level 2. Which means 90% of the time you will have the map set at level 1, which in turn means damn near ALL buildings and the Chinook will always and damn near forever be cut off at the middle. Which is somewhat silly in that you make all this nice art and never display it - to me it just looks silly. But then again, the hardcore tactical customer won't care. The vast majority of your player base probably won't care. I just personally always liked to play TBS games from a higher elevation so you can kind of see what the map was intended to look like with everything displayed. I'll get off my soapbox now.

8. If I have 4 (or is it 5?) action points left, shouldn't I be able to change the facing of a dude? Is this by design that you can't, or bug or?

9. Too tired to think. Good night. At least you guys don't have people shooting through walls and through friendly soldiers and wonky LOS issues like the newly released XCOMEU AAA title does. Yuck. But it looks nice, and the glam cam works well, imho.

10. Still haven't figured out how to put a unit on Overwatch. Or maybe I'm stupid. Or tired. Or both. Ehhhhhhh. Weeee I'm so sleep dep'd.