Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grunker

Tutorial?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I apologise if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer in the old tutorial threads around the forum. It's been a long, long time since I played X-COM, and stumbling into the Xenonauts Alpha I was actually surprised to see that I remembered very little. The manual is extremely bare bones right now, so I was just wondering whether a tutorial of some sort was planned before the final release? It's suggested a couple of places, but as I said, nothing really conclusive is around :)

Either way, I'll probably play the shit out of this game and I'm glad I donated. It's just a question of how much time I'll end up spending figuring out the basics (and since I'm rather busy a tutorial would really help me).

That's a good point Grunker. Thankfully the first ground mission you do is a full team verses 1 alien so there's room to make mistakes without getting spanked, but I can see that the other parts of the game - the geoscape, the various base screens, solider management... those bits could use a helping hand. What did you have the most difficulty with? Where would you feel a tutorial would be most helpful?

According to the game interface when making a new game there will be tooltips that will probably guide your way through the basics.